F1 TV coverage

If I were a business looking to sponsor a team in a sport, methinks I wouldn't bother with F1. Why would I want to pay good money to have my logos on a car that is guaranteed to only reach a rapidly declining audience? Not only that, why would I want to continue an association with a sport that is continually pissing off its audience?

With a very good chance you're logo may never be seen....

Last edited:
Reducing the amount of money teams can raise in sponsorship makes them more dependent on broadcast and circuit fee income from FOM, which in turn makes them less likely to rock the boat when Bernie/CVC behave shamefully, and acts to preserve the status quo in the power battle over F1.

Greenlantern101 - Yes, you can quite easily watch F1 through several different channels with the Kodi app. But the streams are rarely of a super high quality.

I installed it on my Amazon FireTV stick a couple months ago for other stuff, but I have used it on occasion to watch SkyF1, including last Sunday morning because commercials at 4AM (on NBCsports) are unbearable.

I see that article notes that only the "Fully-loaded" boxes are under scrutiny, which is good because it's becoming easier and easier to load the stuff yourself.

Without question there are many millions of people watching F1 who are not counted by the official viewing figures. I wouldn't be surprised if XMBC/Kodi is one of the biggest methods they're using.

Thanks Keke my mate has started watching Sky F1 channel through Kodi and it costs him nothing. I'm now wondering why I'm paying £44 a month for sky.

I may be shit out of luck this weekend though as the electricity promises to be down for a day or two after Hurricane Matthew swipes by tomorrow.

Sky will be broadcasting F1 in UHD next year. Having seen some of the Premier League games in UHD compared ordinary HD I'm struggling to tell the difference. It's not quite the same leap as SD to HD was. That said, I've watched a few movies in UHD and the image is incredibly crisp, maybe it's football matches are too green to be able to see anything sensible.

I expect the addition of the U is directly proportional to the addition of £ to subscription packages, new TV's etc.

Yeah Ultra HD or 4K by another name. When you see it at shows it look great, when you actually use it in reality it's not all that.

Back
Top Bottom