F1 Grid Girls

On the BBC F1 web page there are the following headlines:

"Grid kids to replace grid girls"
"Williams supports grid girls decision"
"Grid girls did not offend me but F1 ban a step in the right direction - Wolff"
"F1 to end use of grid girls in 2018"

Not one single article about forthcoming designs, launches, buzz around new drivers, tracks, tech etc. (Because there aren't any)

And people to continue to wonder why F1 is going further and further down the toilet. :facepalm:

Kids may be cheaper but have you ever had to get a bunch of parents to fill out consent forms so their kids could 'work' and potentially be photographed? Absolute nightmare, although may be easier in some countries than others. I wouldn't be surprised if it changes - what's wrong with an even split of men and women, dressed smartly not 'sexily'?

But as cider_and_toast has said, if this is the best of F1 news then it's a sorry situation.

I hope the banners are light otherwise the kids will be staggering all over the place. And if someone provokes one of the little dears what’s to stop them using the banner to whack them over the head.
I foresee mayhem.

LOL

Grid women and men, who make their own conscious decisions, have been banned, but grid girls and boys, who also make their own decisions but sometimes the parents make them, are supposed to fill in the role of grown ups. Ok... this doesn't make sense, if he were alive, Liberty Media would have employed Jimmy Savile to look after them that's how sensible they are...

And of course they work for free, so there's some money being saved. :D

I do hope Liberty Media are going to make us all privy to the selection process for these lucky kids. A competition maybe? An out reach programme to poorer schools do give then a chance to experience a Grand Prix perhaps? wait.....oh how cynical......are you suggesting it's just going to be the kids of some rich sponsor who had paid F1 and it's teams shit loads of money just to be able to say to people at cocktail parties "oh I'm involved in F1"? Surely not! Formula 1 has never worked like that.

Wow, you guys are grumpy.

I just thought what a lovely thing for aspiring young racers.

And they'll probably get run over or ill from petrol fumes.

Picked on merit or by lottery? I wonder if lottery is the equivalent to pay driver. You know, just so the talented kids expectations are set early that undeserving dickheads might (born by chance into money) get a shot over you.

Giving kids an opportunity, letting them know it's dangerous and giving life lessons about fairness? Great!

Sponsors will LOVE it. Especially Martini.

Not Eddie Jordan...
How about ex world champions?
Austria could have a grid of Laudas...
France a grid of Prosts...
Britain a grid of Mansells...

Ok, maybe not such a good idea :(

Back
Top Bottom