Football Euro 2012

At least we won't be stupid enough to pick a player in our squad who won't be allowed to play for the entire group stage, lacks the positional discipline to play for us in the knockout stage and has a prior record of letting us down in major tournaments. :givemestrength:

At least we won't be stupid enough to pick a player in our squad who won't be allowed to play for the entire group stage, lacks the positional discipline to play for us in the knockout stage and has a prior record of letting us down in major tournaments. :givemestrength:

Yeah i think we'll be taking him. Unfortunately i think he'll let us down again, and again and again. But unfortunately for us he's a bloody good player and you just can't afford to leave him sat on a sofa at home.

and Torres (for a laugh/Villa).
ROFL

It was a good draw for England, not too easy that they don't wake up at all (WC2010) but just easy enough that they should be able to go through. The first game against France will certainly put the stokers next to their bottoms. France won't be the whipping boys like they have been the last two tournaments with Blanc in charge and I've got them as my dark horses. But the home advantage for the Ukraine will be a massive factor but Capello will be astute enough to try and negate this. Sweden won't pose a problem.

Germany are the team to beat in my opinion, though - they've got some good experience mixed with some excellent younger players in a team that can play in any fashion and score goals for fun.

I just can't see Spain winning again this time - as good as they are, other sides are starting to suss them out (look at Barca this season, 6 points off Madrid already) and it will only take one game in the knockouts to put them out.

Oh and Denmark might have the most difficult group by far but don't expect them to be whipping boys; like Germany they've got some excellent youth (no not Nicklas Bendtner; think more Christian Eriksen) mixed with some good older heads. Wouldn't be surprised if they were a little cat amongst some quite formidable pigeons!

But unfortunately for us he's a bloody good player and you just can't afford to leave him sat on a sofa at home.

England's record without him is better than their record with him. And he tends to play in all the matches against Andorra.

Its take your pick time. Taking him sends out one message to the other strikers in the squad - "I don't trust you, you will not play in the knockout stages". That is not healthy.

The first game against France will certainly put the stokers next to their bottoms.

I haven't yet recovered from the last time we opened the Euros against France.

I have my suspicions about that by the way:

Fair enough G, but I think Sweden lack real quality and will struggle to get any points on the board in that group. They rely too much on Ibrahimovic, and to be honest, he never shows up at major tournaments.

TV Games for the Euro group stages:

8 June: Poland v Greece (BBC), Russia v Czech Republic (ITV)
9 June: Netherlands v Denmark (BBC), Germany v Portugal (BBC)
10 June: Spain v Italy (ITV), Republic of Ireland v Croatia (ITV)
11 June: France v England (ITV), Ukraine v Sweden (BBC)
12 June: Greece v Czech Republic (ITV), Poland v Russia (ITV)
13 June: Denmark v Portugal (ITV), Netherlands v Germany (BBC)
14 June: Italy v Croatia (BBC), Spain v Republic of Ireland (ITV)
15 June: Ukraine v France (ITV), Sweden v England (BBC)
16 June: Greece v Russia (BBC), Poland v Czech Republic (BBC)
17 June: Portugal v Netherlands (ITV), Denmark v Germany (ITV)
18 June: Croatia v Spain (BBC), Italy v Republic of Ireland (BBC)
19 June: Sweden v France (ITV), England v Ukraine (ITV)

Both broadcasters will show the final, Beeb will show both semifinals (ITV won't) and Beeb will have 1st and last picks of quarter finals

The Netherlands are going to win, just wait and see :1st:

I am probably the only person in Europe supporting both the Dutch and the Germans. Mainly because I like the cut of both teams' jib, and because I would rather not see Spain bore us to another tournament win.

I don't care what the TV keeps telling me, passing the ball around the middle of the park until they realise Messi doesn't play for Spain is not entertaining!

Back
Top Bottom