Current Esteban Ocon

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Aug 27, 2016.

1. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Why would Ocon be annoyed at winning the title? Also Ocon beat Max plenty. Max is brilliant we all know that we Don't have to make everything he is done seem god like.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. MartijnK

MartijnK Test Driver

Ah I see now where you're coming from. :)

4. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Max Verstappen sees Ocon probably as his greatest rival for many years more so than Carlos Sainz Jnr

5. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Ocon beat Wherlein home in the race today but only after Manor ordered a shuffled on the road after Wherlein barged him off the road.

Really no love lost there.

6. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives That might be something that will worry Mercedes in the future seeing their two young drivers already mad at each other

Perhaps Pascal is feeling gutted that he feels he should be promoted to Force India and not Ocon

7. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I Don't think it'll be too much of an issue because I think they'll only promote one of them. Which one is going to be fun to see.

8. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives So far Ocon 's career is looking more promising than Wehrlein . It would be interesting to see who within Mercedes has the final say on whether they go with one because he apparently is the best young German driver around or the other who has already built an impressive junior formula CV

9. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Okon is currently the most stable and productive rookie in this season.
    It is surprise

10. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Every team seems to like Ocon as a team player and he's a bit like Sainz in that they don't make big noises or shout about themselves and let their driving do their talking

11. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I've suspected it for a while but I think it's clear I'm an Ocon fan. I've not had a driver I officially support over all others in F1 for ages. Oooo maybe I'll go all fan boy!

Lewywo4 likes this.
  12. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    His stock has shot up after today even though he did not beat his teammate..Mercedes will be very happy they said no to Renault who wanted him

Lewywo4 likes this.
  13. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    If Ocon continues to develop and in the second half of the season, out performs Perez, I think Wehrlein's chances of becoming a works Merc driver have gone.

14. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Wehreins never had a chance. He has been crap from day 1.

Ocon however is impressing me this year.

Legs and cider_and_toast like this.
  15. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Ocon is very stable.

16. Lewywo4

Lewywo4 Race Winner

Ocon to me had a very aggressive, but controlled look in his driving yesterday. No doubt a future star in the making!

17. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Interestingly one could argue Ocon could have been a bit more pushy with Perez and his team but no doubt he is shining . It should be noted that Max Verstappen considers him a rival having been beaten by Ocon in Euro F3

18. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    cider_and_toast Greenlantern101 Werhlein will always get a chance as long as Toto and the Merc bosses back him.. apart from Spain where he drove intelligently he has had 3 crashes big in 6 months so is he overdriving or just plain accident prone

I see Force India having to replace Perez with Wehrlein unless someone can come up with a lot of money to secure the seat so we will see Ocon vs Wehrlein again

19. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Ocon, as a member of the Mercedes young drivers program is as well placed as Wehrlein. Toto's patronage may not be that helpful if Pascal is underperforming.

20. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Also I would suggest from rumblings from the teams and him getting the nod at Force India that Ocon might be a tad easier to work with.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  21. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

John Watson said that FI was an ideal team for drivers like Ocon to server their apprenticeships in. They are not so good that points are expected every race but they are good enough for an up and coming racer to show off his talents by scoring a few points when they are available.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice