Drivers as biscuits

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Valued Member
In the main F1 Discussion area, I likened Sebastian Vettel to a Shortbread biscuit using the following reasoning:

I get the feeling that Vettel is very much like a shortbread biscuit. Fine under normal circumstances and very much an outstanding biscuit of its type however, under even a slight amount of pressure it's liable to crumble.

RasputinLives then followed up on my reasoning with some very excellent biscuit choices of his own:

Max Verstappen is a Jaffa Cake. He is often quoted by people as their favourite biscuit but there is a whole argument to suggest he is not a biscuit at all.

Bottas is a Rich Tea in that they are plain, a bit dull and no one's first choice, however when it comes down to it they are just as good as nearly all other biscuits.

Nico Hulkenberg is a Garibaldi because he is never featured in the luxury biscuits collection but is probably superior than some that are

The question is, if a driver was a biscuit then which biscuit would that driver be? Do you agree with our choices or do you have better biscuits of your own?

The rules:

1) you may only liken a driver to a recognised biscuit. No cakes, sweets, buns, bread rolls or other products.

2) you may liken any F1 driver past or present to a biscuit.

3) you may do all of this while eating biscuits providing you don't get them all over your keyboard / smart device

4) eat biscuits.

Jenson:
image.jpeg

I did liken Hamilton to a hob nob, no matter what you throw at them they seem to keep their shape and keep going. I don't like hobnobs either ;)

To be fair F1Brits_90 then did add that like a hobnob, Hamilton is also good in the wet as said by Peter Kay

Fernando Alonso - The Pink Wafer

Stands out in the tin as a biscuit to be admired but really, is it a biscuit? It constantly promises much but is routinely left on the side of the tin even when all other biscuits, no matter how dull, have been dunked and scoffed. It's no use for dunking, can't be paired with other biscuits and besides grabbing your attention it's not much use for anything else. Some biscuit authors will still try and claim that it is the king of biscuits.

Stoffel Vandoorne = Custard Cream.

It really is a quality biscuit, probably one of the best and most consistent biscuits out there, but somehow it's always last in the box. Due to the fact it's cheap to buy and doesn't have a great marketing campaign like the other flashy biscuits it's always left until last or not eaten at all when in a collection of biscuits. If you had just a pack of custard creams though you'd wolf the whole lot down and feel like biscuits couldn't get more perfect.

:dunno: I don't know.

What happens if you leave it for 24 hours?

If it goes dry it's a cake, if it goes soggy it's a biscuit.

One for the fact fans.

Biscuits are normally baked at higher temps and are smaller than cakes therefore in a biscuit the moisture is baked out while in a cake, which is normally baked at a lower temp the moisture is retained. Therefore, if you leave both out on the side overnight, the biscuit will reabsorb moisture from the atmosphere and become soggy while the cake will give up moisture to the atmosphere and become dry.

No need to thank me. :goodday:

According to a BBC recipe, who call them Macaroons, they are a small, light biscuit.

I thought a macaroon was a lumpy coconut creation, but what do I know.

Last edited:
Max verstappen - oreos
New kid on the block very popular & tried to be world best. But a way to go to beat established greats

Jarno Trulli - digestive
Has been around a while but abit meh & no would miss it when it went

Trying to get 1 for lance stroll bit i couldnt get a good one. Best i had thinking was gingerbread because it turns up once a year. Or a vieneese whirl because its a bit posh or rich person biscuit.

Party Ring.jpg

Nico Rosberg - Party Ring

Looks really pretty at first glance but it's slightly disappointing to find it's only really a plain biscuit underneath,although nice and is a fairly decent biscuit, it hasn't got much going for it other than it's looks. It seems to hold it's strength when dipped but soon gives in and melts into oblivion.

According to a BBC recipe, who call them Macaroons, they are a small, light biscuit.

I thought a macaroon was a lumpy coconut creation, but what do I know.

Ah a macaron & macaroon are different things
15908.png
mrs-crimbles-large-choc-macaroons-gluten-free-pk.jpg

Although its reminds me of an a joke i heard on radio with chris moyles i heard few weeks ago (scottish accent is needed)

man goes into bakers & asks woman behind the counter "is that a macaroon or a meringue"

She replies "you were correct the 1st time"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom