Driver Numbers

I believe so, I also believe he and Jody Scheckter are the only ones to race with the 0.

I'm surprised no-one has yet declared for 5 - extraordinarily successful number from Piquet, Andretti and Mansell through to Hill, Vettel and Alonso...

And Bottas ought to go for an even number, because all the Finns first titles were in even numbered cars!

Anyone Know why they excluded anything above 99? Corser used to ride with 111 and Hodgson rode with 100 and if space isn't an issue on a bike then surely it can't be an issue on a car..

Last edited:
Did you know that "the wrong end of the stick" phrase comes from the Romans? The Roman centurions used a communal toilet, where they would all be crouched in a line over a trough. Water would be flowing down the trough, flushing away the "mess". A centurion would then use of stick, with a brush at one end, to clean his arse. As these brushes were also used communally, the brush-stick would be passed to another centurion for an arse clean and then passed to another centurion...

... you just had to be careful when being passed the brush and not grasp the wrong end of the stick.

Back
Top Bottom