Current Daniil Kvyat

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Jan 21, 2014.

1. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    He really seems to be coming into his own doesn't he? I was really hoping he was going to get on the end of that chain of cars because he had the pace to pick up a good result.

Good stuff from him today. Lets remember without the grid drop he'd have started 11th and would have been well up the field.

Josh, teabagyokel, Fenderman and 2 others like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Having now seen the save on the Beebs highlights, wow!! without a doubt one of the best saves I've ever seen. He would have to scrape the seat of his racing suit out after that one.

4. KekeTheKing

KekeTheKing Banned Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Kvyat must feel like he just hit the lottery. It remains to be seen if he's ready for a top drive though. Could be tough sledding for Kivvy next year though.

5. rufus_mcdufus

rufus_mcdufus Champion Elect

Well RBR had a difficult choice between Daniil and JEV. Not entirely sure they chose the best driver.

6. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I'm 100% convinced they've chosen the wrong driver. Vergne has achieved Toro Rosso's best 3 results this season.

7. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    The only possible factor in the decision is the one we'll never really know which is how JEV gets on in the team. If he is unpopular with the mechanics or is seen as not a team player or something along those lines it would suggest why he has been over looked in favour of Kvyat. Other than that, there is no obvious epxlination.

teabagyokel likes this.
  8. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

Three best results but Kvyat has been consistent throughout his rookie season.

9. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    Kvyat's average finish is 11.1, Vergne's average finish is 10.

10. Jen

Jen Here be dragons. Contributor

It's the age difference, I tell you!!

24 against 20!

Means sod all to me but then I'm not a TP.

11. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

Yes, his Vergnes average and median results are slightly better but he has had three seasons in Formula One. This also doesn't affect my previous comment as it remains that he has been consistently managed good results.
    I know people believe Dr. Marko doesn't have a clue what he is doing but the same is said about Bernie Ecclestone and both seem to be doing fabolous in their jobs. :)

12. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    I think Marko is discarding drivers who would otherwise make it too early, simply because there isn't a seat available, simply because they waited about 2 years too long to ditch Webber.

soccerman17, Legs and FB like this.
  13. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Thinking of putting a cheeky tenner on Kvyat for the 2015 drivers title.

Bet he gave Danny Ric a wink as he walked past him in the pitlane after quali today.

14. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    No chance. He did well in qually today but where has he been all season. A bit of a home boost I think.

15. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Well.....he's not done badly for the rest of the season and next year he'll be in a Red Bull which might possibly be the class of the field so I think no chance might be a little harsh on the boy.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  16. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    So a little mention for our rather over looked Russian friend. He may not be flavour of the month now we have Max and Carlos but he has come into form. He had a pretty dam good British GP and was very fiesty on the first lap or so with that move he pulled on Vettel.

Fenderman and Hamberg like this.
  17. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    He's done well again and is justifying his position in the team after a torrid start

He did give the Ferrari's a real headache in the race

18. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    So after his 'demotion' to Torro Rosso for the rest of the season (the media states it gives him chance to 'rebuild his reputation') how on earth do you motivate yourself if you're Kvyat? There hardly going to go "oh we were wrong" and put him back at Red Bull next year are they?

Even if you are a regular points scorer its not going to do you any good. I guess the only thing you can aim for is to drive the wheels off the car in order to beat Verstappen.

19. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    Kvyat has struggled a lot in Q2 up to now, but what an unorthodox move. Sainz again the forgotten man.

How did this never happen to Webber?

20. Johnny Carwash

Johnny Carwash Champion Elect Contributor

If Kvyat gets outperformed for the rest of the season by Sainz Jnr, his F1 career could be over before he is 23.

gethinceri and teabagyokel like this.
  21. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    It's an odd one all around, in that he never did enough at Toro Rosso to suggest that he deserved promotion, but he also hasn't done enough at Red Bull to suggest he deserves relegation.

He beat Ricciardo in the Drivers' Championship last year...

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice