Current Daniel Ricciardo

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Oct 5, 2011.

1. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Scrub my last, it appears he's taken a gamble on Renault coming good next season or at least better than the Honda powered RBR's.

Interesting move and not quite so dramatic an effect on the transfer market.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Johnny Carwash

Johnny Carwash Champion Elect Contributor

If he is off to Renault then that could mean that Verstappen and Sainz jr could be teammates at Red bull?

4. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

It sounds like it could be Sainz to McLaren. If Vandoorne goes it will be a shame as it seems that he could be getting his mojo back.

5. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Gasly to Red Bull? If that happens though who the Frick is going to drive for Torro Rosso!

6. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Gasly and Hartley aren't exactly setting the world on fire. They don't strike me as top team talent.

F1Brits_90 and Johnny Carwash like this.
  7. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I think it'll be Gasly at Red Bull for three reasons:

1 - Red Bull won't risk the Sainz/Verstappen clash again

2 - He has experience with Honda engines

3 - Sainz buddy Alonso will talk him into going to McLaren.

8. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Also Ricciardo move leaves Ocon up a creek without a paddle.

9. olegg

olegg Race Winner

A bold move on Ricciardo's part.
    He confidently beat both Vettel and Verstappen in the same team.
    But under this he from this team moves away.
    It will be interesting to see how his future career will develop.
    Good luck to him

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  10. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    It's a works team, seems like a good choice and although the Honda engines have improved a bit this season their is no indication that it's a race winner yet.

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  11. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I think it is a good move, as he was clearly going to be the defacto #2 @ RB.

I will be curious to see how Max fares next season, as I have suspicions about his ability to set up a car.

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  12. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Bad move.

13. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    The 1 bloody day i didnt have internet as ran out of data on final day of holiday & skegness dont seem to think wifi exists. The biggest story so far of the season breaks. Absoultely typical. :facepalm:

But absolutely huge news never saw this coming when I found out last night especially to Renault. i assumed Riccardio would stay at red bull because merc was closed & leclerc/kimi at ferrari. But its a gamble i hope it pays off more Lewis to mercedes than Alonso numerous moves. because i love Riccardio & a brilliant driver. Problem is well discussed gulf between LMP1 mercedes ferrari red bull & LMP2 rest of the field. Then its the reverberations down the grid. Ocon was 'nailed on' at renault according to a few f1 paddock people.
    • Does sainz replace, despite getting constantly beaten by hulkenburg. So much they replaced him after 1 season. With the 3rd driver
    • Is gasly good enough
    • Will for 1st time ever get someone outside of the driver academy
    • does lando norris help get James key gardening leave reduced
    • & last months F1 racing hasnt aged well
    IMG_20180804_201102.jpg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    Chasz likes this.
  14. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    The swerve I did not see see coming but having analysed it and looking at everything , the correct move. He does not feel he is getting the same credit at Red Bull and also the wages as well. He is also looked at Renault's long term potential and taking a punt - the history tells you Renault will get it

Both Sainz and Ocon will be anxious about where their future lies although judging by Mclaren's admission - he is high on their list it seems he will get one of the two seats

15. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Well, he's a brave man - or he knows something we don't. Renault may be a works team but they're spending a fraction of what the top three are - and they don't have Newey.

He might not even beat Hulk, you know.

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  16. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    If the Honda is as dismal as it has been up until now, RB might finish behind the likes of FI, Renault, and maybe even McLaren next season. Then his choice would appear to have been a stroke of genius.

17. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    That caption the other week about "Spending a lot of money and the engine keeps breaking down " by Horner or verstappen could easily mean the Honda engine next seaon

18. Galahad

Featured Threads:
    The more I think about this, the more annoyed I am with Dan.
    • I'm annoyed that he's committed career suicide
    • I'm annoyed that he's made future races less exciting than they might have been (a stunning late braking move on Grosjean's Haas doesn't excite me)
    • I'm annoyed that he didn't learn the Rosberg lesson (and Max is easier to beat than Lewis)
    • I'm annoyed that he'd rather be king of the hill than try to scale the mountain
    • I'm annoyed that Red Bull will now have a clear 1-2 driver combination, like the other top teams
    I like him and he's one of the most entertaining guys out there - as well as one of the quickest - which makes it all the more...annoying.

Speshal, Road of Bones, Angel and 3 others like this.
  19. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I like Danny Ric, but only for his driving. I find his cheery affable personality a bit dull, because I can’t remember ever being genuinely interested or surprised at anything he’s said. Some of his comments are just inane.

He knows he can’t keep up with Max, and failed to get a seat at Merc or Ferrari. He’s taken a chance and good luck to him. We’ve seen Lewis make a questionable move to Mercedes, and that went ok. Renault aren’t Mercedes but they may get there eventually.

Clay likes this.
  20. Galahad

Featured Threads:
    But, he doesn't need to keep up with Max, if Max keeps making mistakes. That's the frustration: Verstappen is clearly still a work in progress, so no need to throw in the towel.

Renault may get there, if a budget cap comes in, and they bring back tyre wars, and they get an exclusive deal with Michelin. Until then...:givemestrength:

21. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Max will only get better and Ricciardo has perhaps peaked - likely it won’t get better for him at Red Bull. May as well throw the dice.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice