Cycling

First race of the Celtic Series 2017. 10mile TT 26 minutes 20 seconds.
Very windy conditions but I'm happy with the time:

IMG_1888.JPG

Depends on where you are and the weather. If you get below 24 minutes you have averaged over 25 mph, which used to be a good time. What an average club rider could hope for I simply do not know as things have changed so much since my day. If you hit 20 minutes you would probably be a local club champion.

Look up the record for a 10 mile time trial, it will stagger you!

Presumably in out and home races it the wind will only blow for one half of the race.

I remember one 50 mile tt when there was a howling gale from the southwest for the early starters on the Boroughbridge course going north, by the time they reached the turn the wind was dropping and moving round to the northwest. The course record was broken that day.

LOL
The bloody safety pins were crap so only one was attaching my number and it was flapping about.
Probably cost me a minute or so on additional drag.
Not.

Is that the event you mentioned? When is that occurring?

25 miles in under an hour would be awesome. Fully declemmed and with Crankenstein you have a good shout.

I ecpect to see a heart rate of around 300 bpm for that one!!!

Just had a look, looks like a good event. Mrs Pits is away that weekend, so I will be looking after the boys, I will need to see if I can make the logistics work, would want to let the sub-5s down.

Biggest question is whether I will survive Mallorca!!

Just spoken to the better half might be able to wangle it.

Oh, and I may also be able to join team UCY at the airport. I'll give you a shout.

Back
Top Bottom