1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current WDC using the FB system

Discussion in 'Statistics & Analysis' started by FB, May 7, 2011.

1. teabagyokel

teabagyokel Pirelli's Fault Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Schumi behind the Force Indias LOL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. sushifiesta

sushifiesta Champion Elect Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Apologies to FB, but I inadvertently stole this idea to try and look at something else so I may as well post the results now the season is up. I've even had the cheek to rename it to the PTC (points total championship) :spank:. Anyway...

DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP

Standings:
    ptc_dri_pts.PNG

Differences to WDC Standings:
    ptc_dri_diff.PNG

CONSTRUCTORS CHAMPIONSHIP

Standings:
    ptc_tea_pts.PNG

Differences to WCC:
    ptc_tea_diff.PNG

This system heavily penalises retirements and amazingly Raikkonen would have been leading the championship by 3pts from Vettel and 6pts from Alonso, creating an even more exciting season finale! After Raikkonen's disaster of a race and Vettel's issues, Alonso would have taken the WDC by 1pt! Poor old Lewis Hamilton is left down in 7th after his terrible luck this year. By looking at the difference to the real WDC, it's quite easy to identify the drivers who have managed to bring the car home on more occasions than their rivals, particularly Ricciardo who moves all the way up to 11th! Di Resta and Senna are the other big gainers. At the other end of the spectrum, along with Hamilton you find the likes of Perez, Schumacher, Maldonado and Grosjean who have all had miserable moments in the season.

The constructors championship changes comparatively little, the only real change is that Force India and Toro Rosso make gains due to the consistency of their drivers whilst many of the drivers in the other midfield teams find themselves in accidents a lot of the time.

Greenlantern101 and FB like this.
  4. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    It's a slow day at work so I thought I would work out the 2013 Championship based on the "Points for Places" system - lowest score wins. Hey, guess what, Vettel was still Champion and by a country mile! The only "winners" were Lewis Hamilton who crept up to joint 3rd with Mark Webber (can't be bothered doing a count back but I'd put Lewis ahead as he won a race) and Nico Rosberg who climbed 5 places. Also, in my system, Max Chilton finished ahead of Heikki Kovalainen - GO MAX!

Here's the list (for those interested) and the positional change compared to the current points system.

2013 FB.JPG

5. sushifiesta

sushifiesta Champion Elect Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    For Kovalainen/Raikkonen do you award them the equivalent of last place for the races they missed? Otherwise Kovalainen would come out as champion I guess!

ZakspeedYakspeed likes this.
  6. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Points score down to 23 so Kimi got 23 for each of the last two races he didn't take part in and Kovi got 23 for each of the first 17.

ZakspeedYakspeed and sushifiesta like this.
  7. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Another slow day at work so here's the F1 2014 standings, thus far, using my unbeatable system.

FB 2014.JPG

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  8. KekeTheKing

KekeTheKing Banned Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Ricciardo would actually be ahead of Hamilton if his P2 in Oz counted.

As you've noted before FB, DNF's will kill you here.

ZakspeedYakspeed and Fenderman like this.
  9. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Post Russia here's the 2014 standings. First column is their actual position in the championship. If Lewis hadn't retired in Belgium I suspect he would have been closer to Rosberg.

FB 2014.JPG

soccerman17 and F1Yorkshire like this.
  10. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Banned Contributor

Okay, now can you come up with a system that puts Jenson Button in the lead?

11. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Here's the score so far with points for place.

2015 1.jpg

Numbers on the left are their current WDC position

teabagyokel likes this.

Share This