Current WDC using the FB system

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Some of you may remember my proposal for a points by position system for F1 with the driver with the lowest score being declared Champion. Here is the current state of play going into Turkey.

Current WDC.jpg

and the results after Turkey see Webber up 2, Hamilton & Button down 1, Rosberg up 1. The biggest loser is Paul di Resta, down 5.

FB WDC Turkey.jpg

With your system we can see a real team indicator. Red Bull - Mclaren - Ferrari - Renault, which on balance over the first few races has been the general speed of these cars.

The beauty of this system is one DNF for Vettel and he's down amongst the Zed Men.

Really? Give him 25 points (I assume that's what it is to finish last/first on this weird table) then he will be midfield...just outside the top 10....

Strange system, I can't make sense of it :s

Points per place: 1 for first through to 24 for last, lowest score wins.

Bit of poetic licence on the Vettel thing, one DNF and a last place garnering 24 points would put him 6th behind Alonso - assuming all the others finished 9th or better.

Vettel may be 3 wins ahead of the rest using the current FIA system but he's one DNF away from 3rd using my score.

Eur FB WDC.jpg

Vettel may be 3 wins ahead of the rest using the current FIA system but he's one DNF away from 3rd using my score.

So, let me get this straight...If Vettel gets hit from behind because anyone of Webber, Button, Alonso or Hamilton miss-judging their breaking or over-take (and are even penalized for it by the Stewards or Race Control because of their "causing-an-avoidable-accident" error), then Vettel falls to 3rd in the FB WDC? Hmmm...:thinking:

:unsure:

That doesn't seem fair somehow.

Perhaps Bernie would prefer your system to his Medals system this year? Hehe! ;)

I mean his Medals system would have killed tv ratings by Mid July...whereas your system would ensure television audiences right to November! All you need is Massa doing a Piquet Jnr Singapore 2008 to Vettel at Silverstone! LOL

No points system is "fair", this is just another way of working it out. I'll find the thread where I worked out some of the previous seasons as, ultimately, the same guy usually ends up winning.

Finally got round to updating this to see if the FB system has still kept the championship alive. Well sort of...

If Vettel fails to finish the last 2 Grands Prix and Webber wins them both they would be tied on 73 points. All the other drivers are out of it simply due to Vettel's consistency.

Indian FB WDC.jpg

Finally got round to updating this to see if the FB system has still kept the championship alive. Well sort of...

If Vettel fails to finish the last 2 Grands Prix and Webber wins them both they would be tied on 73 points. All the other drivers are out of it simply due to Vettel's consistency.

If the Championship is still alive this season, thats more of an indictment of a scoring system than a praise of it though!

I haven't worked out a count back system (which would probably be based on wins) so even if Webber were to win the last two races and Vettel DNF's he's still be champion.

Back
Top Bottom