CTA Race of the Year 2013

Finally we've (almost) come to the end of another long break and Spa is just a few days away. You'll have to find some history books to remember It but Hungary treated us to a great race, or at least that's what most people thought, with some prolonged battles and overtaking at the front, a first victory for a certain someone in his Mercedes and very little talk of tyres falling apart despite the temperatures. It was so good in fact, that long-time and unexpected front runner Bahrain has been displaced from the top spot, we have a new leader with 7.8 out of 10! Votes were also given for "only" eight out of the ten possible scores, which by CTA standards is practically unheard of agreement!

New table:
ctaroty.PNG

So then, on to Spa we go. Last time we got our hopes up for a brilliant race at Montreal it fell flat on its face but surely Spa will serve up a treat?

Is the theory that when Kimi comes second it's a good race? See Bahrain & Hungary.

[edit] Errm. no he came 2nd in China, Spain & Germany too and at least one of those was shit.

No, I can't put my finger on it. Hmm.

Last edited:
Spain's also the most disputed race so far though. There was very little interest apart from the tactical/strategy element but some people were intrigued by that. The most common score was seven out of ten, the same as Germany and Australia which were much better rated.

As for the Hungary score, maybe it's because Button got so much air time? ;)

Raikkonen&Redbull=PartyTime I haven't been keeping anything other than the final results for each reach unfortunately. What do you mean by a record of each individual vote though? Do you want to attach member names to scores given because that would take some time.

If there's anything in particular you're interested in I don't mind having a look at it either if you want, but I understand the desire to play with the numbers yourself!

Last edited:
Yeah I don't have anything like that, you'd probably have to go through all the threads manually unless Brogan can easily extract this information from a database or something. I've also tried to avoid singling out personal views as much as possible... although one or two people's voting habits are hard to miss! The polls are public but if you're thinking about looking at votes based on things like favourite drivers etc. I'd suggest you keep names out of anything you post to avoid a backlash!

Back
Top Bottom