Content writers wanted for home page articles

I haven't yet created the template(s) but adding images is quite time consuming as it means finding an appropriate image, cropping it, uploading, etc...

I may be able to write some stuff for the front page, not sure of the quality of it though. I'll have to learn how to type too and stop letting those damn typos creep in. Maybe opener's for the pre-season tests with information like drivers, Debuting Cars perhaps?

Also would you, Brogan be prepared to have non-F1 stuff on the home page for the "inbetween weeks"? I could do some stuff for MotoGP (I was going to do a full on season pre-view for this season but left it too late). Maybe other motorsports too, but i doo seem to be drifting away from following every piece of news and what not outside of the actuall races.

Also would you, Brogan be prepared to have non-F1 stuff on the home page
By all means.
We do have discussions on other motorsports, so promoting them on the home page is a great idea

It was never intended for the site to focus on F1, it just evolved into that, primarily due to the lack of interest in anything else.

As a trial, I've added some articles to the home page, to see how it's going to look/work.

These will be updated as new content becomes available, but we're not going to be doing it at the same frequency as the BBC or other news organisations ;)

I still haven't decided on the style/layout, but the simpler the better, for me :D

Just spotted this one Brogan. I wouldn't mind throwing my hat in the ring. I write a lot of articles about the younger up and coming drivers at the moment so I could do something like that and I liked both mine and TBY's "alternative F1 reality" articles. I did a serious of 'lesser know F1 drivers' articles on 606 over summer last year which were quite fun.

Let me know what you think would be good. I realise with those that have already put in and how good their articles usually are that I'm near the bottom of the list however.

As a trial, I've added some articles to the home page, to see how it's going to look/work.

These will be updated as new content becomes available, but we're not going to be doing it at the same frequency as the BBC or other news organisations ;)

I still haven't decided on the style/layout, but the simpler the better, for me :D
I saw that. Not sure it was quite right was it? Needed more images perhaps?

Unfortunately images aren't an option as they take too long to source, crop, resize, upload...

Then there's the issue of copyright.

oh... not even the charts that we make ourselves?
or the photos that other members have taken? I know that Porceliamone had some great ones from Silverstone for example? You can use my ones from Renault at Duxford too if anyone wants a random car shot :)

Unfortunately images aren't an option as they take too long to source, crop, resize, upload...

Then there's the issue of copyright.
I believe most teams would grant the website media access if you asked and explained what CTA was. From there you'd get a certain number of stock or copy-free images. Another website I frequent posted about this before and said even the smallest blog could get media access to the team's websites - don't see why CTA couldn't.

Thanks guys, but again it's mainly the time element.
I just don't have the time to do lots of manual editing and updating.

Since we lost our database guy, I have had to manually create and update every template and I just can't take much more on.

I could do an article on Whitmarsh!:D

I jestROFL
But I could maybe do wierd off the wall stuff if you like. Not technical. A different slant on things. I have no idea how it works though. As I said...not technical.

How about a Tacitus rant.
I'm sure plenty of people would like that :tumbleweed:
I'm kidding.
Home page articles sounds like a great idea, hope it works well.
I am not throwing my hat in the ring just so you know.

Let me know the best way to submit these to you Brogan - and I'm not real a computer tech head so my skills are limited but if there is anything I can do help out on the site just let me know and realise you have a big job keeping something this good going.

Well essentially we will just pick threads from the forum and post them to the home page.
So there won't be a formal submissions process as such, it will just be a case of interesting threads getting "promoted".

Anyone can just "Report" the first post of their thread if they want it to be considered.
The only issue we will have is if there are lots of worthy threads - we'll just have to rotate them more frequently I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom