Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Jody Scheckter

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
is the correct answer.

You have won a guaranteed £32,000*!

But we don't want to give you that. For £64,000

Which of these drivers has never achieved the Grand Chelem in Formula One?

A: Damon Hill
B: Mika Hakkinen
C: Jacques Villeneuve
D: Fernando Alonso

*Not real money, unless you can find a sponsor

It is Jacques Villeneuve. You have won £64000. Next, for £125,000...

Who is the only driver to win two races in the same season where he took the lead on the last lap? (He may have lead other laps)

A: Juan Manuel Fangio
B: Bruce McLaren
C: Jochen Rindt
D: Didier Pironi

I'm going to have to phone a friend.

In other words ask another member of the forum.

Could you message FB and ask him please, also ask how sure he is if he thinks he knows.

I'm assuming this is how my last lifeline works....

I'm afraid I'm of no help at all Mephisto - the only one I can be sure of is Pironi who won the San Marino GP in '82 on the last lap but led more laps at the other race he won that year (Holland?). The others pre-date any serious knowledge I can impart, sorry.

I know of the Pironi incident where the team told the drivers (Gelles Villeneuve and Didier Peroni) to save fuel Gilles believing that this to mean hold station but Peroni past Gilles on the last lap to take the win, after the race Gilles said he would never speak to Didier again which of course he didn't as he Gilles was killed two weeks later.

Overtaking on the last lap to win is such a rare thing to happen obviously the last time it happened was last season Jenson on Vettel at Canada.

I'm eliminating Didier as a candidate..

Thank you FB

Okay the other 3...

Bruce won races but not that many and certainly not many per year so he's out.

Rindt won a world championship but also didn't win that many races also he was the answer to a previous question so not him..

Fangio won loads of races and most of them by a massive margin and a lot of them by more than a lap but the laps were a lot longer back then so there would be more opportunity to make a pass on the last lap...

Which means I'm going to take a gamble and say.....

A: Juan Manuel Fangio

Final answer..

It was Rindt. In the 1970 Monaco GP when Brabham crashed and in the 1970 British GP when Brabham ran out of fuel. Fangio did it twice in different years, McLaren and Pironi once each.

So thats then end of the road meph, and £32000 for you! Congratulations because you were the best of the bunch!

Back
Top Bottom