CLIP THE APEX AWARDS - "Car no.22 is under investigation"

What is the daftest decision of the year?

• European GP - Massa NOT penalised for unsafe release from the pit-lane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Japanese GP - Bourdais punished when Felipe Massa ran into him (!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
The "Car no.22 is under investigation" award is for the dodgyest stewarding or FIA penalty for the season, named after the message at the bottom of the screen every time Lewis Hamilton so much as looked at another driver!

I'm sorry, its one vote each, I can't carve up the metaphorical trophy; I don't have a metaphorical knife sharp enough! I suppose the only reason we can run a vote for the Car No.22 is Under Investigation Award is because there were so many bl**dy stupid decisions taken by officialdom in 2008. But it seems that the Massa/Bourdais decision has taken an early lead. The "ceremony" will be on 14th February!

Sorry, MZR, we just saw the captions saying the Trophy name so often last year, although I should have mentioned that it doesn't imply that the winner should actually be Hamilton! This trophy is the only one so far in the polling which isn't going the way of the classmate of Villa winger Ashley Young :blink:. I hadn't counted on a draw so I think we might have to get set for another round of voting in this award on 14th February, unless the voters would like to change that!

lf I could I'd think up of any better names for the other awards I would have! Maybe I should have balanced it out by calling "Mistake of the Year" "Shanghai Pit-Lane Gravel Trap" or something similar!

No worries mate. I didn't mean to imply that the title of the trophy was wrong! :embarrassed: Just thought that Bourdais was the clear winner.

In fact, after some thought, the title is good! Not sure that I can think of a better one. :)

And if it is a draw, maybe the FIA could be asked how to resolve a tight contest. I'm sure they can give some sound advice on how to resolve the problem* - all above board of course! ;)

*Outcome may not result in desired winner. :whistle:

I'm sure the FIA - instead of any of the nominees - would vote for the decision to punish Massa in Japan! It went against everything they believe in!

Or maybe they would have a rethink and rename the award completely, to fit in with the "correct" ethos of the FIA. How does "The Timo Glock Not Trying Hard Enough On Dry Tyres In The Wet" award sound? There is only one nominee, but feel free to vote for any of the nominees as you see fit. ;)

By the way, I should like to add - happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy bbiiiirthhhday tooo meeeee, happy birthday to me! :D

McZiderRed said:
Or maybe they would have a rethink and rename the award completely, to fit in with the "correct" ethos of the FIA. How does "The Timo Glock Not Trying Hard Enough On Dry Tyres In The Wet" award sound? There is only one nominee, but feel free to vote for any of the nominees as you see fit. ;)
McZiderRed said:
By the way, I should like to add - happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy bbiiiirthhhday tooo meeeee, happy birthday to me! :D

Surely it would be the "The Timo Glock Not Trying Hard Enough On Dry Tyres In The Wet And Jarno Trulli Doing The Same To Make It Look Like The Conditions Were Too Bad To Run A Dry Tyre Rather Than The Actual Cow-Towing To Ron Dennis That They Were Doing" award.

Or the "Car No.2 is Under Investigation award" [Appeared in Singapore/Valencia (before an excuse could be found)!]

And happy birthday!

Back
Top Bottom