Claim To Fame.

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by Angel, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    I am curious, there's this whole thing about everyone getting 15 minutes of fame in their lifetime, as said by Andy Warhol I believe. So have you had yours yet, and if so, how?

Go on then, I'll be first to admit mine.

Now you'd have to be a certain age to know what I'm talking about. Edd the duck was a side kick to various presenters in the CBBC broom cupboard. When my daughter was little she loved Edd and CBBC and I loved to knit. One day I decided to knit Edd a jumper, I had to guess the size and luckily I managed to get it spot on first time. It was very well received and to cut a long story short, I ended up knitting over 40 jumpers for the duck over the next few years. Some impressive ones too with various shows depicted on the front including the Blue Peter ship. I know, you're impressed aren't you?

Here as proof is a picture of the duck wearing one of my creations.

Edd.jpg

So that's my famous moment, now what's yours?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    In early 1945 (stay with me, the story isn't that long) the Chancellor of Germany expired.
    He was the last Chancellor of Germany until December 1990, a momentous occasion occurred when Helmut Kohl was elected as Chancellor and a large celebratory crowd gathered outside the old Reichstag building in Berlin, in expectation of the new Chancellor coming out to address the throng.
    After a lot of waiting, of noise, of building anticipation, Helmut Kohl walked from the building onto a stage to huge cheers and flashing of camera lights..........he walked about, waving and smiling and then walked forward to allow somebody the honour of being the first to shake a German Chancellor's hand in almost half a century.......as he leant forward the crowd edged towards him, hands reaching out to have the very great pleasure of being the first......he proffered his hand.....Germany awaited.....this was a massive occasion, whose hand would he shake...............???

A Welshman's!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    F1Brits_90, Bill Boddy, Angel and 4 others like this.
  4. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I appeared on the local evening news in Plymouth when my ship returned from operations in the Gulf in 2011. My son was born while the ship was away. I was able to go home for the birth but had to return to the ship shortly after. It was the first time we'd been together for 3 months and I missed his first Christmas.

We also had our picture in a few papers, both national and local.

That's about it.

5. RasputinLives

RasputinLives CTA Best Avatar Award Winner Contributor

Featured Threads:
    FB_IMG_1553198684620.jpg

This is my band playing a sell out gig at Nottingham's famous Rock City (basement only) - our prize for winning a battle of the bands. That was about as good as it got. We got booked for another gig at amother venue a week later off the back of this and we literally played it to 3 guys and a dog. Come down city.

6. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Which one of the four unrecognisable figures are you?

7. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Lol. I am front and centre. The nob in the pale shirt pretending he's a rock star with his foot on the monitor.

F1Brits_90, Angel and cider_and_toast like this.
  8. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Judging by the hats it's Bono, Jeremy Corbyn and Badly Drawn Boy.

Johnny Carwash and rufus_mcdufus like this.
  9. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Dan gets to wear a cowboy hat because he can play his instrument to an decent level

Angel, gethinceri and cider_and_toast like this.
  10. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    Please tell me you are the first "Steps" tribute band who reinterpret their hits in a Jazz Funk style?

LOL

11. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Nothing that good I'm afraid. Badly played 3 chord punk rock n roll. We did do a decent cover of Desmond Decker's "Israelite" though. Although us being 80s kids it of course became Vitalite.

gethinceri and cider_and_toast like this.
  12. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    Sort of Peter and the Test Tube Babies?

13. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I was thinking more Jilted John or A Tribe of Toffs.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  14. Titch

Titch Things can only get better ..It's a lie. Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    cider_and_toast you were away for three months. !!!

My eldest daughter was three months old when her Daddy joined his Carrier, and she didn’t see him again until she was 18 months old and they disembarked back to Brawdy.

It was Shit.

The other two didn’t have to put up with quite the same sort of thing.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  15. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Ooohhhh a real life rock star in our midst!!! I'm impressed.

16. Dartman

Dartman Points Scorer

WAFU was he Titch LOL

17. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    No I was away for 7 months but my wife gave birth in the middle of the deployment and I flew home and flew back to the ship mid deployment.

Titch likes this.
  18. Titch

Titch Things can only get better ..It's a lie. Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Cheeky.

:p

19. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    no you got confused thats just him counting to the beat, a 5,6,7,8

20. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I have a few "claims" to fame, seem to always have a habit of every season getting a mention in practise sessions. many times crofty got spoke my question. 1 of the 1st was when they were talking about silvertsone stradding 2 counties & I said nurburgring was in 3 places Europe germany & Luxembourg, got told to never message again :D

with being 3 rows from front on halfway line any time Sheffield united are a televised game, I get on tv, albeit very small (im in yellow circle)
    me CTA.jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    Angel and gethinceri like this.
  21. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Ooh F1Brits_90 isn't it uncomfortable sitting there with that big yellow ring around you? ;)

FB, gethinceri and F1Brits_90 like this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice