Charles Pic

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Jan 23, 2012.

1. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Pic is showing better form than both but is annoying Timo Glock right now. I'm sure their little duel (which was awesome by the way) might very well have worsened the Glock Strop! Anyone know if they're speaking again yet?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. MCLS

MCLS Anti F1 fan Valued Member

That was a very fun duel that, got a fair bit of TV coverage as well which Marussia will like, along with their sponsors (if they have any...)

4. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    They didn't take each other off either which is a tick point on the old CV

5. GermanF1

GermanF1 Race Winner Contributor

I just read on the BBC FP1 live text coverage that Charles Pic is going to drive for Caterham next season! (see 11:10 http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20455010)

6. Josh

Josh Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I'm not sure how he managed it but he's actually going to a worse team. Well done Charles!

Jen, teabagyokel and Viscount like this.
  7. GermanF1

GermanF1 Race Winner Contributor

Maybe he received some advice from Lewis;)

Bill Boddy, MCLS, Josh and 2 others like this.
  8. racecub

racecub Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Not just a pretty face then. Pic has compared well against a seasoned team mate, better on raw speed than D 'Ambrosio and Di Grassi. The first time he drove this year's car was at Australia for the first race. prior to that, only five days teating in the previous years car. His team praise him highly (though they say hes young and has benefitted from an experienced teammate to learn from and his engineers). Im impressed and will keep an eye on this young man......not just on bis pretty face;)

9. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I think he's done ok but the main thing he has that over Marussia drivers haven't is financial backing!

Still think he might have come into F1 too early but if Senna is announced as his team mate for next year I'm looking forward to Pic stuffing him.

10. racecub

racecub Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    I like both those drivers. What's Senna like at set up? Pic may need help in that area to start off. I don't know anything about the budget he brings but I thought he did ok this year.

11. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    So Charles Pic has been PRing for Renault by doing ice racing with Kimi in Moscow. Interesting to see him being pushed by Renault but then I guess as a young up coming frenchmen we shouldn't be suprised. I wonder if this might open a few doors for him in the future.

First things first he needs to make sure he well and truely beats Van Der Garde this year if he's to be considered for a step up. Even them I think he'll be so far adrift at the back of the field that we won't be able to judge how good he is.

12. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    The return of Kovi really put a rocket up Mr Pic's backside which is good to see. Pic out qualifies Bianchi for first time and finally looks like he could push that Caterham forward.

Sort of think if Pic had Kovi as a team mate proper it would push him to be a bit quicker the same as teaming up with Glock did. I think the young Frenchmen is quite quick when he puts his mind to it.

13. Slyboogy

Slyboogy World Champion Contributor

Pic has the new upgrades, Vam der Garde doesn't.

14. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Slyboogy he's a full second clear of him. I doubt the upgrades are worth that much.

15. Jos the Boss

Jos the Boss Champion Elect

Anyone know why Pic didn't come in for slicks? Or if he did and was just slow?

16. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Pic was on inters and the team chose a split strategy. Pic got the raw end of the carrott this time.

Jos the Boss likes this.
  17. Jos the Boss

Ted explained in his notebook that he was on slicks but was called into the weighbridge and only could do one time and didn't get the right temps, a bit unfair really

18. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I must have missed that bit. I was watching on Sky with decent analysis ;)

19. Jos the Boss

Last time I checked Ted was on Sky, maybe someone's analysis isn't that good...;)

20. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Yes. I think I was having a brain malfunction that day.

21. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Following Max Chilton's "record breaking" efforts this year I thought it worth giving Charles Pic the credit he deserves as the most overtaken driver of 2012, breaking Stefano Modena's record from 1989 of 68 with 70. Well done him, how's his 2013 working out?

http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?optio...-most-overtaken-in-2012&catid=1:f1&Itemid=157

Jos the Boss likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice