Poll Charging an entry fee for Fantasy F1 - yes or no?

Would you pay to play?

• Total voters
Perhaps that's something we'll consider for next year :)

Players will have the option of paying a fee for the chance to win a prize.

Brogan
  • If there was a fee I would still enter even though I'm crap at the game, I would just see it as another way of supporting the site.
  • What sort or sad nincompoop enters a competition with multiple accounts just to cheat at winning sod all? I mean you get some trophy points but even then you had to cheat to get them so what is the BLOODY POINT!!!!! offering a prize may make cheating more prolific after all it is worth paying 30 quid to give yourself 3 or 6 times the chance of winning a prize worth 4 or 5 times that amount. probably more than that as they would be using most of their entrants to track form and trends which would be channeled into the winning entrant.
  • If GP tickets were on offer what happens if the winner can't make the weekend?
  • I enjoy the forum and I enjoy the FF1 and like I said pay to enter or not wouldn't make any difference to me not even in the amount of effort I put into loosing...:D
I hope that clearly states my opinion on the matter....;)

That's a fair point on entry fees Mephistopheles and something I had also considered; for the chance of a prize costing £x, it may be worth entering a few times.

If we were ever to offer GP tickets as a prize then they would only be purchased after consulting the winner, which would allow them to choose the GP :)

I voted no.

From a personal perspective: I'm not interested in prizes, I just play for fun and would not enter if it had a fee.

From a general perspective: You're probably encouraged by the amount of signups since the introduction of the new FF1 format, but I think that if you introduce a fee a lot of these new (and also older) players will quit the game and it will also discourage potential members from signing up and entering. At this point in time it will only make you lose members and go against what you're trying to accomplish, which is more members actively participating on the website.
If you just let it run for a couple of seasons, let it gain a repuation as a fun and well run game and then look again at how many new members we've got since the introduction of the new FF1 format and how many of those actively participate on the site, only then do I think you can make a fair decision on whether to introduce/change it to a paid format with prizes (perhaps hold another poll like this to see how many members you'd lose) and if it's worth the extra time. Also you should keep in mind that you will most likely not be able to make 100% sure that no one is cheating...

In short: no at this point in time; maybe in the future.

I think it's clear we won't be charging an entry fee now or in the future.

Every time this has been raised the response has been a resounding no.

Which is fine; if that's what the members want, that's what they can have.

Only if prizes are backdated to 2011! :D

I dont think I need any reward beyond beating you lot. I was on the fence before but reading everyone's opinions it is clear that it wouldn't be the same if it was that serious.

I'm with Jez, obviously it would be the teammate prediction from 2011 that pulled the prize though....

Back
Top Bottom