Current Carlos Sainz

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 12.05.18.png

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Sainz has now scored more points this season than Toro Rosso. That was quick!

Bill Boddy likes this.
  4. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    3 teams in 3 years now confirmed for Carlos.

5. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives Button went 4 teams in 4 years although Benetton changed to Renault

Its a multi year deal so 2 years plus an option to extend essentially. I think Carlos might thrive now given this new lease of life

gethinceri likes this.
  6. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Featured Threads:

Good luck to Sainz, I hope it's a great move for him. It could be the making of him.

As for Button, 4 teams in 4 years, wasn't there a time when he was signed with two teams at once? I recall something about him being signed to drive for Williams and then changing his mind and opting to move elsewhere or something like that, but alas I can't recall the details. I am sure someone else will though.

7. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Jean Alesi signed for 3 teams in one season

FB likes this.
  8. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

And Sauber tried to get all the drivers on the grid contracted to themselves but finished up with only four driver for two cars.

Angel and RasputinLives like this.
  9. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Angellica

Button because he was apparently owed bonus payments by BAR in 2004 for his performances. We are led to believe he was advised by his management to re-sign for Williams.

I was surprised given they had a poor season with Montoya wanting more money being paid 3 times less than R Schumacher and feeling that Williams deprived him of the championship challenge the previous year. So he signed for Mclaren for 2005 before 2004 season started, then Ralf after the 1st race was disputing over his contract demanding a further raise from his $12.5m to $17.5m a year. Also the walrus nose Williams was a poor car

Button got himself in a mess with BAR fighting for his services in 2005 which he was obliged to drive for and sacking his management . In 2005 having seen how bad Williams were he had to pay £18m to get out of the signed contract

10. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Thanks for clearing that up II_leone :thumbsup:

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice