Current Carlos Sainz

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    This is unlike Sainz who must be really frustrated by the whole weekend and his chances of getting into a top car has not risen against other contenders around

One other note is Toro Rosso drivers - the longest stay with the team was 3 years which was Vergne who was subsequently dropped and has not looked like getting back into F1.

Sainz is far too talented to end up on the scrapheap

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Rutherford - When do the first points 'drop off' his licence?

4. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

teabagyokel I assume 12 months after he obtained them.

Il_leone I can only see him moving to Renault after this season but of Rowland wins the GP2 championship he'll take Palmers seat.
    We also don't know if Ricciardo/ Verstappen might move to Ferrari as Raikkonen will not be with them after this season although it seems unlikely that Vettel would want such strong teammates. But a move from one of them would leave a Red Bull seat open to him.

5. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Rutherford For Carlos ' sake and F1 it would be good for him to move and escape Verstappen's shadow

6. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    Do you know when that was?

7. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Just for you teabagyokel

F1 Penalty Points - The F1 Stat Blog

teabagyokel likes this.
  8. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    He'll do well to get another 5 points before May 1, then.

9. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    gethinceri likes this.
  10. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    That is an interesting rumour. If Renault's pace at Silverstone is indicative, then that would be a great move for Sainz, plus Hulkenburg serves as a very credible yardstick against which he could be measured.

It would end the Kubica rumours though.

Red Bull need to be careful what they wish for; it is not a good sign for the Red Calves (?) if the best they have to offer to Toro Rosso is Kvyat and Gasly. Horner or Marko really need to tie Ricciardo and Verstappen down if that's the case.

11. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    i dont know part of me that doubts that red bull would be so accommodating. espically after the uncalled for telling off that Sainz got from horner & marko saying he will be at toro rosso next season. when he was completely right in what he asking for. how long would they like to stuck in a dead end team, which its not just 2018 could be 2019 & 2020, red bull team seems sown up for a long while

although he was renualts 1st choice for 2017 back in Japanese gp

12. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    If Red Bull do simply let him go, I think the Verarri rumours will have to stop. Unless Marko is a petty fool.

13. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Well it would suggest that Max is going nowhere if his natural replacement is being allowed to leave for Renault.

gethinceri likes this.
  14. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I can't see thestrapon leaving Red Bull yet. Sainz to Renault is a good move by both Sainz and Renault.

15. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    It just shows Carlos Sainz has always been in Verstappen's shadow within the Red Bull camp and the last few weeks I think he is just reminding the team that he is much better than a Toro Rosso.

If the rumours are true than at least he is joining a team who appear to be the up and more noticeably moving forward and holding back Red Bull so it could a shrewd move by Carlos

I don't know if Carlos will able to bring Spanish sponsors seeing Renault seem to want a more French national team

16. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    Romain Grosjean is the only French driver to drive for the works Renault team during the twenty-first century. Romain Grosjean is the only French driver to drive for Team Enstone during the twenty-first century.

The last French driver to start a season for a works Renault team was Patrick Tambay in 1985, which was less recent than this photo of a Spanish driver winning the drivers' title in a Telefonica sponsored Renault.

Ava.png

gethinceri likes this.
  17. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Tambay...... wow, a name I had forgotten . I was so young, and impressionable. And F1 was so exciting. Or was it.

18. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    teabagyokel YEs but they did try to recruit Ocon before Mercedes took a hands off approach to Renault

19. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
  20. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    I'll be clear. Renault do not any longer sign drivers just because they are French. As a corollary, they don't refuse to sign drivers because they are not French.

21. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    The nationality/team thing is very over played. Ferrari have barely ever gone for Italians, I can't remember when Renault last ran a Frenchman. Other than Hamilton and Button Mclaren haven't exactly gone out of their way to Brit's. Yes Merc ran some Germans but their factory is in the UK and they are run by two Austrians. Red Bull once ran an Austrian.

It's all rubbish.

Galahad, gethinceri and teabagyokel like this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice