BTCC BTCC 2010

Matt Neal's luck returned in race 3, starting from the first row thanks to the silly reverse grid system.
You have to admire Plato's approach to the race, he risked everything in the last 2 laps just to make up 1 place.

It's all to play for at the final race meeting at Brands Hatch with 4 drivers in with a chance of the title.

Some highlights.

Thanks for the snippets of info guys. Sounds like I missed another humdinger of a day.

Can't watch any highlights on these stupid computers at work as they are only one LCD display up from a typewriter and have more blocks and controls than you can shake a stick at.

It was interesting days racing, those polystyrene blocks on the new final chicane were a bit suspect. They were hit in most of the races forcing the safety car out a few times so they could be moved back into position. I know they didn't want people to cut the corner but surely there is a better way?

The accident in the 1st touring car race would have not been as bad if the drivers had a clear escape route.

I agree F1Y, but it has made it closer than it would otherwise have been in the standings (which is a ridiculous argument, but seems to be the way the organisers think).

I think its all Plato's to lose, although I hope he wins it, He proved at Donnington why he should be the champion with a couple of stellar drives and why Matt Neal shouldn't be the champ due to his dubious tactics and driving..

Just a heads up that this weekend is the final 3 races of the season.
Any one of several drivers could take the tile.

The race times on ITV 4 are as follows:

11:30 - Race 1
15:05 - Race 2
16:55 - Race 3

Brogan said:
Just a heads up that this weekend is the final 3 races of the season.
Any one of several drivers could take the tile.

The race times on ITV 4 are as follows:

11:30 - Race 1
15:05 - Race 2
16:55 - Race 3

Which day, Mr B?

I'll get some pics if i make it after Saturdays shenanigans... LOL <-- that word should be banned on all forums.

Haven't gone to any of the races that clash with F1 races, but this week is different thanks to the time zone...

I was prepared to be grudging about this, but actually JP proved he deserved it today.

Want to mention RML too, who run the Chevy works teams and are looking good for a BTCC-WTCC double this season. They've proved themselves again one of the world's best touring car teams and I very much hope other manufacturers follow Chevrolet and Honda into the series for next season.

Galahad said:
I was prepared to be grudging about this, but actually JP proved he deserved it today.
High praise indeed :D

I believe he also equalled a record 60 BTCC wins aswell?

I really do hope the BTCC can grow into even a fraction of what it once was.
It would be great to see a grid full of manufacturer teams.

Great racing yet again, and well done JP for two well-deserved wins on maximum ballast to seal the title.
:thumbsup: :1st:
I made a note to myself that I really must get to more of the actual events next season, rather than relying on ITV4.

Funny thing was I was just explaining to the wife, as race two was about to start, what a dirty driver Matt Neal was, and how he makes a habit of passing people by deliberately nudging them wide or into a spin, and guess what? He gave us a neat demonstration of the technique on Plato's teammate MacDowall at Druids on the first lap. :givemestrength: :givemestrength: :givemestrength:

Really pleased to hear Jason Plato has taken the title this year.

Just wish I could have been somewhere to see it !!!

Back
Top Bottom