Bruno Senna

Congratulations to young Bruno Senna for a fantastic qualifying session today.

I'm sure his uncle would be very proud knowing he's starting the Belgian Grand Prix - his first race of the year - from 7th on the Grid.

Spa-Francorchamps is a special circuit. A real challenge and known as a "driver's circuit" which "separates the men from the boys".

Add to that the tricky, greasy conditions you had today and Bruno's consistency in ALL 3 sessions at this circuit means there's some talent there.

The Renault is by no means a Top 4 car...so to be 7th on the grid ahead of the likes of World Champions Alonso and Button (both of whom have superior Ferraris and McLarens) and his somewhat highly rated teammate Petrov, is a very good achievement.

Good luck in the race tomorrow Bruno!

C'mon Boy...Make Brazil Proud of it's Formula One drivers again! :cheer:

Toleman - check!
Lotus - double check!
Williams - next!

Only McLaren for the set! (Dream on, Bruno)
Yikes, I'd forgotten that Renault were Benetton were Toleman!!! - Mind that's Lotus AND Toleman in 1 season! :) Still, Uncle Ayrton never had HRT.......

However, were Bruno to gain substantial numbers of points at Williams (for instance), then his stock could easily rise, and who knows where he'd find himself in 1 or 2 year's time!

However, were Bruno to gain substantial numbers of points at Williams (for instance), then his stock could easily rise, and who knows where he'd find himself in 1 or 2 year's time!

dennis-hamilton-415x275.jpg

Still, Uncle Ayrton never had HRT.......

Uncle Ayrton had talent.

The way things are going at Williams, if your name was Jim Smith you'd be considered for a drive at the moment, as long as you brought with you substantial sponsorship cash, which Bruno evidently will, even if only by association. Williams are broke and are a million miles away from being the force they used to be hence their garbage 2012 lineup. Imagine them putting Diniz and Takagi in any of their '93-'97 cars, no way would you ever had thought it possible:(

Uncle Ayrton was actually called Senna

Don't go there I've had the discussion of why Bruno is called Senna on another thread.

But for everyones information Uncle Ayrton was actually called Da Silva and Bruno is Lalli but in portugal and since Brazil is Portuguese one of the male offspring is named after the mothers side of the family Bruno's mother is Senna so Bruno is Senna as is tradition, just like Ayrton's father was Da Silva and his mother was Senna so Ayrton was called Senna.

This is so as to maintain the lineage of the female side of the family and makes perfect sense, I only have a daughter so my name as far as I am concerned ends with her but if I was Portuguese and she had a couple of sons my name would live on.

Bruno is not trading on the Senna name he is in fact called Bruno Senna...

I hope this clears everything up...

Back
Top Bottom