Bruno Senna

Congratulations to young Bruno Senna for a fantastic qualifying session today.

I'm sure his uncle would be very proud knowing he's starting the Belgian Grand Prix - his first race of the year - from 7th on the Grid.

Spa-Francorchamps is a special circuit. A real challenge and known as a "driver's circuit" which "separates the men from the boys".

Add to that the tricky, greasy conditions you had today and Bruno's consistency in ALL 3 sessions at this circuit means there's some talent there.

The Renault is by no means a Top 4 car...so to be 7th on the grid ahead of the likes of World Champions Alonso and Button (both of whom have superior Ferraris and McLarens) and his somewhat highly rated teammate Petrov, is a very good achievement.

Good luck in the race tomorrow Bruno!

C'mon Boy...Make Brazil Proud of it's Formula One drivers again! :cheer:

Crap cars are crap, by definition. It's hard to show talent when the car just will not perform properly

How often did Heidfeld get into q3?

It's hard to show talent in a car that is own a league of it's on, the HRT however was not, it was in a league with the Virgin Racing cars, and Lotus at times.

How often did Heidfeld get into q3?

I find that irrelevant since both drivers recently have not got into Q3 and have been at the midfield, for Spa they have had a vast amount of upgrades as the previous ones didn't work.

It was a great qualifying performance nevertheless.

Have you never made a typo in your life? :rolleyes:

...lots of opportunity to mess up yet he has maximised the potential of his car ahead of more 'complete' or 'changeable master' type drivers with better cars...

You're absolutely spot on!

He made fools of Alonso and Button.

His defenders in the Alonso thread say he "got traffic" in Q3. I say rubbish! 8-) Here's why:

Spa is the longest track on the calander and Q3 only has 10 cars...plenty of space, then, to get a clear lap.

Alonso simply wasn't good enough in qually today.

As per Button...I won't even go there. You already did! :)

I take back my earlier comments.

A terrible start for Senna, smacking into several drivers at the first corner, and now he's just been overtaken by Trulli in a Lotus.

And this is why Saturday is squat when you don't make it count over Sunday. Bundu Bashing at the start and well it all fell away quickly, shades of HRT.

What I said yesterday about Bruno still applies:

You can't judge a driver by one race (in Schumacher's case, one corner!)...just as, I suppose, you can't judge that same driver by one quallifying session.

Great qualifying / Poor first corner. You only have two data points. Not enough to make a proper jusgement.

Let see what he does at Monza.

His qualifying yesterday was very impressive when you take into consideration the weather conditions etc. As for today what disappointed me was the lack of progress he made up the field after the first corner incident more than the kamikaze move itself.

On the whole I'm more intrigued about how he's going to perform now than when I first heard the news, and although Heidfeld has every right to feel extremely hard done by I don't think Renault really had any intention to keep him for next year so I think they're right to see how Senna compares to Petrov. If Kubica doesn't come back that could be their line up.

I would think that Renault is questioning their judgement here. I have no doubt that Nick would have at least managed a point or two, which is better than nothing.

I would think that Renault is questioning their judgement here. I have no doubt that Nick would have at least managed a point or two, which is better than nothing.

It's his first race in almost a year. I thought he didn't do too bad, apart from the first corner.

The first time he has driven the car on fully fuelled trim. So he made a mistake, as long as he does not make the same mistake what exactly has changed?

I think he did well to finish and was only a few spots behind Petrov and beat the back teams despite his drive through penalty

I think it fair to say that he got above himself - qualifying was very good, his race was crap - needs to remember which is the most important.

The first time he has driven the car on fully fuelled trim. So he made a mistake, as long as he does not make the same mistake what exactly has changed?

He has had plenty of experience with a car on fully fuelled trim. Didn't see Ricciardo make the mistake when he had his first race in HRT.

Hahaha, so the HRT is exactly the same car as the Genii?

Did Ricciardo make his non mistake at Spa also?

Because he drove one car last year fully fuelled, he must be completely experienced with another faster car a year later?

Hahaha, so the HRT is exactly the same car as the Genii?

Did Ricciardo make his non mistake at Spa also?

Because he drove one car last year fully fuelled, he must be completely experienced with another faster car a year later?

Never said that the HRT is exactly the same car as the Lotus Renault :rolleyes:

More so the fact that he should have the knowledge on how a car behaves with race fuel onboard at the start...he may be rusty, but he missed his braking point by a significant margin.

Thats why people test and practice and gain experience

To get good at things

Its why newbies are rarely as effective as those with experience (apart from Lewis)

Its why the most talented beginners get shown the way by less talented old timers

Would Heidfeld have made that mistake? No
Can Senna improve and possibly become a better driver than quick nick?

Genii think so

Thats why people test and practice and gain experience

To get good at things

Its why newbies are rarely as effective as those with experience (apart from Lewis)

Its why the most talented beginners get shown the way by less talented old timers

Would Heidfeld have made that mistake? No
Can Senna improve and possibly become a better driver than quick nick?

Genii think so

Thing is...he isn't a newbie.

Nick Heidfeld didn't make that mistake when he replaced de La Rosa in 2010 and he never raced the car in those conditions for.

Back
Top Bottom