Bottom Six Championship

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
I thought it might be interesting to have a look at a Championship contested between the "new teams".

I have elected, since there are only 6 entrants to offer points on the 2002 model of 10-6-4-3-2-1. I will not award any points for a non-classified run.

This is what the table looks like thus far:

Clearly, Lotus have an edge. What is unexpected is how close Glock is in the Drivers' Championship style event. It is also clear that fsr, Chandhok's car tends to finish more often than Senna's.

Attachments

• F110.jpg
    F110.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 239
I'm glad you've done this TBY as I was wondering how the new teams were faring relative to each other.

I was planning on doing it myself but never found the time.

I made it for my blog and called it Max Mosley Trophy since he was in favor of new teams.

1. Kovalainen – 59

2. Chandhok – 49

3. Di Grassi – 47

4. Glock – 46

5. Trulli– 44

6. Senna – 34

7. Yamamoto – 4

The system is 10-6-4-3-2-1, but when a driver does not start the race I charge him with 0 points. I think it happened three times already. All DNFs are still subject to points, no matter when the driver stopped. You have to give some credit to the new teams even if they fail during final laps – this is still a success.

Note that Karun is not that bad.

And team standings (I called it Cristina Fernández de Kirchner's Huge Prize – to regard the only one true US F1 fan)

1. Lotus – 103

2. Virgin – 93

3. HRT – 87?

Nice idea with the naming although I did have to check who Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner was :embarrassed:

Great to see Karun in 2nd place considering HRT is 3rd.

Welcome to the site.

Well done on the Max Mosley Trophy united1984, I got a chuckle out of that one.

I've been trying to imagine a scenario where one of the new teams scores an actual World Championship point this season, and I have to say, it's been a struggle. I think there would have to be a pile up at the first corner where at least 8 midfield cars get taken out, the "slow six" survive, Mike Gascoyne cooks up a brilliant strategy in changeable conditions, di Grassi causes a Safety Car, Vettel runs into Webber on the re-start, and Kovalainen leads home the rest of the newboys for a well earned point.

It could happen.... :D

These days the peloton is super durable. Monaco 1996 was the best example with only 4 drivers finishing (actually 3, I think Johny Herbert never bothered to cross finish line properly – went straight to pits).

I can't imagine it in 2010.

Back
Top Bottom