Blockbusters quiz

Yeah, Easy for a Lotus nut like me. ROFL

The A is for Elio De Angelis

They are all the drivers who won at least one race in the 1982 season.

It was the last time Colin Chapman saw one of his drivers win.

:thankyou: C_A_T

cider has it
Elio de Anglis
They won all in 1982, the season where the most drivers won in one season

Brownie points also for the Lotus fact, i didn't realize that.

and for that you get tonights jackpot of getting to post the question :D

Ok peeps, Try this one.

What B has Graham Hill, Damon Hill and Nigel Mansell won, John Surtees won it but for two wheels not four while Jim Clark, James Hunt and Lewis Hamilton could only manage second ???

:dunno:

Regards

C_A_T :goodday:

hmmm once again im answering a question without being totally sure if its the answer

BBC sports Pesonality of the year???

it doesn't quite add up because im pretty sure ghraham hill hasn't won it although he has been runner up?

Further to my last. Graham Hill was second in 1968. You win bonus points for spotting my deliberate mistake. :crazy:

Well done.

Regards

C_A_T

:goodday:

In accordance with AMR's request and it's been a few days so I will have another go then. :embarrassed:

Name the R that was the other driver who was killed besides Gilles Villenueve during the 1982 Season. For a bonus point what was the similarity to GVs accident and who was involved (in the R accident).

Should be pretty easy for you F1 guru's out there.

Regards

C_A_T

:goodday:

Riccardo Palletti and he struck the back of someone's car...

If I'm right I want to hand back question rights as I don't know if I'll be available to respond...

Yup it was Paletti driving for Osella at the Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday, June 13, 1982, it was the first time Paletti started in a full line up. At the start, the lights took an unusual long time to turn to green. During this time, Didier Pironi, who had pole position, stalled the engine of his Ferrari. When the lights switched to green, the other cars swerved across the track, trying to squeeze past the stationary car from Pironi. Unfortunately, Raul Boesel just clipped the back left of the Ferrari, spinning his March into the path of Eliseo Salazar and Jochen Mass. Salazar, Boesel and Mass suffered minor impacts but it looked as if everyone had passed the Ferrari without serious consequences. But Riccardo Paletti could not react in time and slammed into the rear of the stranded Ferrari at 180km/h, catapulting it into the path of Geoff Lees. Several other cars were instant retirees.

Paletti sustained heavy chest injuries and was lying unconscious in his car, wedged against the steering wheel. Didier Pironi and Sid Watkins, the FIA's head doctor, were on the scene in a matter of seconds to stabilize and assist Paletti. As Watkins climbed over the wreckage of the Osella, the petrol that had leaked from the fully loaded car's ruptured fuel tank ignited, enveloping the car in wall of fire. The heavy fire was quickly extinguished but by then the critically injured Paletti was without a pulse. He was cut from his wrecked car and rushed to hospital, where he died soon after arriving. It is however a testament to the quality of Formula One's medical team and protective clothing that despite the fire he suffered no burns.

:ok:

All spot on with that one. :chuffed:

It was a strange coincidence that one Ferrari driver was killed (GV) when he ran into the back of Jochen Mass and another driver was killed when he ran into the back of a Ferrari.

Looks like you have the honour of the next question then Slick as Teabag was correct first but want's to pass it on.

:cheer:

C_A_T

guess i need to think of a question then! :whistle:

Which A's F1 career lasted effectively until the first corner of his first race for Jordan before sloping back off to F3000 in Japan.

And a bonus for naming the other drivers involved in the first corner melee.

A little help since there have been no takers, it was 1993 @ Monza.

You got it teabag it was Apicella who suffered suspension damage at the first chicane having being collected by JJ Lehto in the Sauber. JJ also took off Barrichello (Marco's team mate) in the same inccident.

Answer was Tony Rolt, the last driver entered in the first Grand Prix to survive. Although he died earlier this year...

Open court for a question!

Back
Top Bottom