Belgian GP Highlight Thread

Here is Race 1 from the 2005 EuroF3 round at Spa featuring 6 future F1 drivers, including Hamilton, Sutil, Vettel, di Resta, and van der Garde. Lucas di Grassi is the other one.

Well it is Spa sushifiesta, arguably the best GP circuit. DRS certainly wasn't introduced because Belgium was throwing up boring races. You won't get any argument from me that Spa-Francorchamps would be just fine without "enhancements". But as we well know, they're not all Spa...

Yeah, several people have gone around the outside, which is the racing line.

Mansell went up the inside, with Senna still right there on the outside. If they didn't touch wheels, they were awfully close. Quite a testament to both driver's skills.

Here is a classic Qualifying session on a (tragically) altered Spa-Francorchamps Circuit.

I give you Friday Qualifying for the 1994 Belgian Grand Prix.

As the summer break drags on I thought some might enjoy this thread. Please let me know if you want to see something that hasn't been posted yet.

the old Spa was great but the way they modified the bus stop chicane has changed the challenge of the circuit a little bit

I remember 1998 thinking Hill could win and was praying that Schumacher was going to get taken out by Coulthard unintentionally when he came to lap him and to my amazement it did happen and Schumacher stormed into the Mclaren pit looking so animated
----------------------------------------------------------------

I'll remember when Vettel lost control of his Red Bull in 2010 and whacked Button who was doing a good job defending his position but he had absolutely no chance being whacked on the side.

Vettel got a drive thru penalty for it and the Mclaren guys all came out with fist shaking and a few other hand gestures to let Vettel know what they thought of his driving when he went passed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom