Ayrton Senna

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RayInTorontoCanada, Aug 19, 2011.

1. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    My bad :embarrassed:

One thing with Ayrton you knew there would be fireworks when he came up behind another car. Wonder how he'd cope with all the "keep a 2 second gap and save your tyres" nonsense we have today?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Banned Contributor

My guess is, not very well...

Fenderman likes this.
  4. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I think he'd make sure he was in the Red Bull at the front so he didn't have to think about it.

Fenderman likes this.
  5. ZakspeedYakspeed

ZakspeedYakspeed NeverUnderestimateThePredictabilityOfStupidity Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    simply awesome read ... premium content though ... Suzuka 1993 ... podium champagne + schnapps + getting the wind up from Berger = right, then a quick left

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/feature/5659/why-senna-punched-irvine/

6. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Senna would have turned 54 today. Google celebrates the day with a Doodle dedicated to him

[​IMG]

7. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Senna graph for the day then:

Error.png

These are the drivers who came second to Senna in his 41 race victories.

8. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Excellent graph teabagyokel but one where different colours to identify each driver might perhaps not be entirely needed.;)

teabagyokel likes this.
  9. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Incubus - You make an effort...

...no appreciation some people...

Fenderman and Jos the Boss like this.
  10. Mephistopheles

I don't know what that graph means but I believe that Senna has been over hyped down the years...

Wombcat likes this.
  11. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Overhyped but not over rated.

What that graph shows is that in 30 of his 41 wins Senna was in direct competition with a world champion driver which I think is a clear sign the wins were acheived in a very competitive field.

Always that graph shows that Mclaren had a lot less 1-2's with the Berger/Senna combination than I remember and that we never got to see a straight fight between Senna and Schumacher.

12. KekeTheKing

KekeTheKing Banned Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    It's a pity that Mansell and Senna never drove the same car. That would have been rather interesting. Although it was quite interesting anyway...

Fenderman likes this.
  13. Fenderman

Fenderman Rooters Reporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Post race punch ups may have been a regular feature not to mention rather frequent use of the recovery trucks :D

14. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Senna and Ron started the Ice Bucket Challenge. LOL

15. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    21 years ago today Senna died. :(

16. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I remember it all to well.

17. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I have often wondered if Schumacher would have been as ruthless as he was if he hadn't seen Senna getting away with such acts.

Mephistopheles likes this.
  18. Mephistopheles

Do we really have to bang on about him every anniversary of his death? From what I recall he was a dangerous driver who wasn't without his faults.

He is just another dead bloke.

Two drivers died that weekend you know or was Roland's life less significant than Senna's?

Hang on this is the Senna thread isn't it? I'll go and post on the Roland one.

Oh wait, I can't because he hasn't got one.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  19. Dash Racing

Dash Racing Points Scorer

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Both deaths affected my family very deeply. In fact, it prompted my mother to bring up the possibility of my dad retiring as a racing mechanic. There was a very somber mood in my house for the week following their deaths.

I had been painting a picture of Senna, not for the anniversary specifically, but you bring up a good point, Meph, so when I've finished my Senna painting, I'll be trying to find some good references to paint Ratzenberger too. I won't release either of them until they're both finished.

gethinceri likes this.
  20. Kewee

Kewee Race Winner

There are numerous reasons that add to the significance of Senna's death. Yes he had his faults, but even with those faults he was certainly one of the greatest of the modern era, possibly even the greatest. What many don't realise he is the only Formula One World Champion in the sports history to die in a Formula One Grand Prix. Others have been killed in GP's but not F1 World Champions. Other F1 Champions have died in other formulas or testing, but never in a Grand Prix. Only Senna lost his life during a Formula One GP. That may not mean much to some people but it had a hell of an impact on me.

21. Mephistopheles

I don't get the significance of that.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice