Ask CTA Anything.

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by Greenlantern101, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    nope its fine.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Mines good too.

4. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

It's working for me again.

5. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Lots of discussion on the radio this evening about funding for the NHS and staff pay but I have what may be a really stupid question but do many nurses retrain as doctors? I would have thought it would be a natural career development for someone who administers primary care to retrain to diagnose illness or am I seeing things too simplistically?

6. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I don't think many do. Nurses nurse. Whilst nurses have a vast amount of medical knowledge, it's obviously limited, but what they do best is deliver the care required for a specific situation. They are, or should be, the caring face of the NHS. It's a completely different mind set to being a Doctor.

7. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

A few years ago it was acknowledged that there were cases where senior nurses did surgery. There wasn't any real controversy so I assume that it goes on today.

There is a certain Health Secretary that I would like to try a bit of surgery on....

8. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Where had the live coverage of the FIA European F3 gone?

(Also where has the Ask CTA thread gone?)

9. Bill Boddy

Maybe CTA has sunk without trace.:)

10. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    A while ago while undertaking a spot of spring-cleaning I came across an interview of a retired basketball star, can't remember whom (I don't follow the sport myself) in old mag.

It was a Q & A session with fans of his. In response to a question where he was asked about the kind of everyday difficulties his 7-foot-plus height exposed him to he said he had to have the front-seat of his car removed, so he could drive it from the back-seat.

Would that not affect the road-legality of the car?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  11. Bill Boddy

Why should it? As long as his visibility was OK and he could reach the steering wheel there should be no problem. The Austin/Morris 1100 series had reversible clamps so that you could choose to sit further back if you were my height.

12. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Having watched the wheelchair tennis and some of the recent para-athletics championship a stupid question but do you have to be disabled to take part in wheelchair sport? I know if you are able bodied you could use a wheelchair (well durr) but do they check that the athletes are disabled in some way? I recall an incident in blind football a few years where they discovered one team was playing sighted players to try ensure they would win. Now all the players are blindfolded, to overcome this and to equalise the game for those with some partial vision.

13. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Yes, I believe that the Paralympic Association is the arbiter and assesses (or assesses documentation to the fact) the level of ability of athletes.

FB likes this.
  14. Slyboogy

Slyboogy World Champion Contributor

Hi All,

First of all, sorry for being away for a long time! I just tend to be a lurker now as I'm too busy to post and don't have much input anymore! :D

I was looking for some help, as you know I'm from Scotland, but I recently went down to Birmingham and received a Parking Charge Notice from ce-service as supposedly I parked in a hotel for too long even though I paid for 24 hours parking and left before those 24 hours have expired.

As I have been super busy I've been unable to look into this much, however the notice is charge is from 08/06/2017 and came through the issue date was 05/07/2017. I know in Scotland for Parking charges from private companies you can ignore them and bin them.

The laws in England however are a little different, can anyone advise how to go about this? Can you ignore these charges that they fling at you with "threatening letters" or is some sort action needing done?

Any advise would be appreciated, and yes I did miss you all even if you didn't miss me :D

15. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    There is a whole thread or 2 on this on the Pistonheads forum.

16. Slyboogy

Able to share the link?

17. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Slyboogy

This may answer all your questions and it's a pretty reliable source.

Private unfair parking tickets: how to fight unfair charges - MSE

Slyboogy likes this.
  18. Slyboogy

Thanks ma man, looks like dipping your toast in cider gives you some sense. Need to try it sometime.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  19. Bill Boddy

The only time that I got a ticket which I considered to be unfair I just ignored it. I did take photos which showed that the information was not clear especially as you were being waved into the parking area at a time when the traffic was moving quite quickly, the previous time I had been there parking was free; the year that charging was introduced the parking company made a mint. After a few weeks a letter came from the company in question but I ignored that as well. I never heard any more.

These companies get paid for running the business, excess charges are a bonus; in my case I was prepared to the company whose venue I was attending detailing how much I had spent there and pointing out how much per year the venue would lose from my absence in future. But it never came to that.

20. Hamberg

Hamberg FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :) Contributor

Technical issue - I'm having to log back in every time I change connection. Any ideas?

21. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Have you tried switching it off then switching it back on again?

Hamberg likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice