Ask CTA Anything.

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by Greenlantern101, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Was he called Winston.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Has anyone here read the annotated "scholarly" printing of Mein Kampf? If so, do you believe that the annotations truly do offset the evil in the book, or should we be extremely worried about the book's current best-seller status?

4. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    We should be worried.

5. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I read it many years ago, it is the rambling mental prolapse of a group of demented goons; don't believe that Hitler wrote it all on his own, he was advised and it was edited.
    There is no need to read it, it will not make you a better person in any way, anyone who uses it as a justification for anything should be ignored.

cider_and_toast and Bill Boddy like this.
  6. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I've just read a wonderful quote from George Orwell who wrote a review of Mein Kampf:

'human beings don't only want comfort, safety, short working hours, hygiene, birth control and, in general, common sense; they also want struggle and self sacrifice, not to mention drums, flags and loyalty parades'

How much does that sound like the last few years on both sides of the pond?

7. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel - Samuel Johnson

cider_and_toast likes this.
  8. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    If the universe is expanding at every point away from every other point? Then why is the Andromeda galaxy getting closer to us?

9. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Gravity's reach grows weaker the furthest two objects are kocated from each other. Dark energy on the other hand "works" over the longest imaginable distances. At "local" level such as that within galaxy clusters the force of gravity still takes precedent but over much longer distances the force of dark energy pushes space itself ever further apart at an exponentional speed.

Of course there's the not-negligible fact that no-one knows what dark energy actually is, other that we can measure its influence. :)

Titch and Greenlantern101 like this.
  10. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

11. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    It's a mind blowing thought isn't it, that the majority of the Universe is composed of something we can't see. Is it possible that maybe we've got the Physics wrong somewhere? Or missed something critical to our understanding of how it all works?

12. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    Yep highly possible.

Titch likes this.
  13. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    At least based on current theory there is a universe where we understsnd everything!!

Titch likes this.
  14. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    When we eventually figure out a theory of everything, gigantic neon letters will rise from the ether with the words LEVEL 2 the universe will reset and we will suddenly be turned back into amoebas.

15. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Quite. It's rearkable sometimes how scientists on the various documentaries have a tendency to make assumptions once they get to know a number of things they figure they can work out the rest, and when they find out about the rest it becomes apparent their earlier assumptions were incorrect all along.

I was watching an old episode of "How The Universe Works" the other day, an episode dating from 2009 or 2010. This one was about the outer planets, about Uranus, Neptune and Pluto and the KuypperBelt.

One of them scientists when talking about Pluto wasn't opinionating, he was SAYING that Pluto was a relic from the early days of the solar system, saying it was "entirely covered in craters, and the lack of tectonic activity or surface evolution meant there were no glaciers and the atmosphere solidified and falls onto the surface when Pluto is at its furthest from the Sun".

Since then of course New Horizon has been there, and as it turns out he was totally wrong on all counts.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Titch and Greenlantern101 like this.
  16. Bill Boddy

Whilst taking the margarine out of the fridge I noticed that it says on the side "Absolutely No Artificial Ingredients". What does this really mean?

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  17. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    It really means you'd be better off buying real proper butter.

Bill Boddy and Greenlantern101 like this.
  18. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    It means they have used real things to produce false butter.

19. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

I moustache you all a question but I will shave it for later.

Bill Boddy likes this.
  20. Bill Boddy

Ouch.

21. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

I can't scroll on CTA, is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
    I can scroll on webpages.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice