Tennis Andy Murray

Or is it because he's now down to number 3 in the world that his poor coach has gone. Time for Mum to suit up.

It looks like all our baiting helped him put it all together in Rome. Should we try it again for Roland Garros or is it a bit early twice in succession?

A sketchy start, five-setter over two days, serving at 4-5 in the final set... typical round one Murray performance. He usually improves over a tourney but I can't see anyone but Djoko winning this.

He did it the hard way as well, how he managed to get Djokovic to get his brother to turn up when he felt like a day off and then to scare his next opponent so much that he hid away instead of playing was simply brilliant.:whistle:

He has worked hard and got the result he wanted. Good on him.

Amazing achievement by Murray to make number 1 ranking. Arguably 1 of his greatest achievements because of playing in such a strong era. where 3 of certainly top 10 tennis players Federer Nadal Djokovic ever to play. Thats before you get the players you have play in 4th rd & Quarter Finals talent like tsonga berdich del potro wawrinka. Who in other eras wouldve been finalists & ive always thought Murray in henmans era. This guy could had Grand slam wins in double figures

Since 2004 only Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and now Murray have been no. 1. (In the same time-frame in the women's game the no. 1 spot has swapped approximately 30 times.) Feel like I should be more excited about this news, but he's so mind-sappingly dour that all I can manage is a mild 'yay'.

digging this old thread up. but did anyone watch this mornings 1st round game v bautista agut. i thought it incredible what he did he started well & made it far more competitive than feared. seemingly that hip was giving him quite abit of pain so at 2 sets & break down you could forgive for losing in either straight sets in really competive game & saying well at least he gave bautista agut a tough game. or retired saying no point in doing more damage when clearly injured. but to amazement of everyone watching, he dug in showed amazing grit, defied the odds & the doctors/surgeons to somehow broke back, then took the 3rd set & then went on to win the 4th set as well to level the game up at 2 sets all. then 2nd game final set he had break points to be on verge of unlikeliest of wins.

i was stunned, how he is doing this. I hadnt the foggiest, like as commenters said, "the doctors will be watching this quite confused" unfortunately he kept his serve broke murray & adrelinlin seemingly dropped, so did the dream. but the fact he took it to 5 sets which seemed almost impossible, as another commentator quote "i would check his stats of winning from 2 down, but what's the point" if that was his final game or makes Wimbledon thought he did the sport, his family, the country proud. what an inspiration to never give up

without starting a thing on britains greatest ever sportsperson. because how do you separate greatness from different sports for arguments sake, as well as murray I would have Steve Redgrave, Chris Hoy, Lewis Hamilton, Chris Froome, Lennox Lewis, Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton, Tony McCoy, Ronnie O'Sullivan. he defietely deserves to be in the convosation. for doing incredible things in what was the toughest era of tennis

Given the recent coverage and the BBC putting out "The Andy Murray Story" as a podcast I thought he'd died. Turns out he's got old.

To be honest, Andy Murray is if I recall correctly, one of only 10 players to reach the final of all four grand slams. Winning 3.

Not a bad career by any measure.

Back
Top Bottom