America and guns

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by gethinceri, Aug 27, 2014.

1. gethinceri

gethinceri "suck my balls honey" Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Is it wrong to find this amusing?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28948946

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. soccerman17

soccerman17 Race Winner

Not at all

4. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Banned Contributor

Why the **** would a nine year old girl need to know how to handle an uzi? The mentality of the gun freaks just goes to prove they should never be allowed to handle or be anywhere near a gun, serves the pillock right...

5. soccerman17

soccerman17 Race Winner

Because this happened in America. When it comes to guns nobody in America is capable of using common sense.

6. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    This is the NRA take on it:

THE National Rifle Association of America has called on US shooting ranges to employ tougher gun instructors to deal with inexperienced children wishing to use military weapons, it has been revealed today.

soccerman17 likes this.
  7. Mephistopheles

And now a nine year old girl has to live the rest of her life knowing she killed someone the poor kids going to need some serious therapy..

Speshal and teabagyokel like this.
  8. Mephistopheles

What ones that can take a bullet in the head and shrug it off? I think they should give Chuck Norris a call..

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  9. Mephistopheles

America the land where you can't drink until you are twenty one but you can fire an uzi when you are eight years old...:twisted:

Hamberg, Jen, teabagyokel and 4 others like this.
  10. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Presumably tough enough to refuse to teach the children at all and to beat the crap out of the parents if they insist!

Mephistopheles likes this.
  11. F1Yorkshire

F1Yorkshire Avatar for sale to the highest bidder Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I can understand the need for people to know how to defend themselves especially young women and children if they lived in a country where murder, rape and kidnapping are a common occurrence. Places like Somalia, Syria, and other second world war zones.
    The only danger Americans face are other gun toting nut jobs.

I can't imagine any charges being brought against the child for this incident but maybe the parents should be made responsible. I was going to say the gun club should be made to be held accountable for the incident but the instructor paid the ultimate price.

Sorry to offend any Americans on here but aside for sport reasons why on earth are most of you obsessed with the need of owning a gun? Surely if you didn't have as many guns you wouldn't need them to protect yourself.

[​IMG]

12. soccerman17

soccerman17 Race Winner

There is no reason to own a gun really. For some reason people feel like they need to. In rough neighborhoods it makes sense but outside of that there are many gun owners that don't use them for sport and don't need any protection outside of their house alarm security system.

13. Road of Bones

Road of Bones MTC Mole Premium Contributor

I was discussing this with a US customer over dinner a few weeks ago - trying to explain to him why the rest of the world simply cannot understand why America refuses to even entertain the notion of firearms control, in the teeth of a procession of school massacres, police shootings, etc. Surely they can see that to prevent such things occurring, they should remove the means by which they are facilitated?

He had the decency to look fairly uncomfortable for a few seconds, and admitted that from outside the US, their position made no sense...and then proceeded to show me pictures of his gun collection! (mostly WW2-era military rifles & handguns). He claimed to be more of a collector of history than a gun nut (yeah, right).

He then told me that he had a concealed-carry permit, and kept a .357 magnum for "home defense" - I asked him what threats he expected to face in suburban Pennsylvania, his answer was, "well - you can't be too careful...".

He made no comment when I challenged him on the wisdom of civilians owning Assault Rifles and Barrett .50cal sniper rifles.

I think that the right to keep and bear arms is so indelibly ingrained within the American psyche, that it overrides their common sense - trying to get them to give them up would be like trying to get them to stop wearing trousers (or pants, if you prefer).

(I would like to point out that he was a thoroughly decent chap, and we got along very well indeed!)

14. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

I think that more young Americans should be taught to use machine pistols with no physical contact with their instructors. It would be better still if the instructors had to stand there in bathing trunks.

15. gethinceri

Featured Threads:
    image.jpg Like this Bill Boddy?

F1Yorkshire likes this.
  16. F1Yorkshire

F1Yorkshire Avatar for sale to the highest bidder Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I suddenly feel the need to take up shooting.

17. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    im sure there is an inappropriate joke in there somewhere. but to crack it would be benrath me.

Hamberg likes this.
  18. canis

canis Race Winner Valued Member

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Ahhhh! America! The only country in the world where a foreign tourist can walk into a gun range and spend $50 to hire an MP5 with ammo and go and shoot it. What a wonderful country. I am surprised there is so much trouble with people trying to smuggle weapons when you can hire them in a number of states.

19. Mephistopheles

Start em young that's what I say..:crazy:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. gethinceri

Featured Threads:
    If I lived in the US I would probably own guns, perhaps the following:
    Browning 'Nine Milly' or Hi-Power as it's commonly called.
    HK MP-5.
    Browning shotgun, over & under of some type.
    Sniper rifle of some type, not quite sure which though.
    I've thought about a machine gun but they're a little too unwieldy.
    I respect firearms, and I know how to handle them safely.......well, there was that one incident with the anti-tank missile but no-one talks about that.

Titch, teabagyokel and Mephistopheles like this.
  21. Mephistopheles

These ****ing idiots! Enough said..

Greenlantern101 likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice