All Time Leaders of GP won at Different Circuits

I guess I was surprised by Damon Hill as well ... when Senna died I did lose interest in F1 for awhile ... so I missed a lot of Damon ... Lewis is up in rarified company as well ... another "metric" that confirms his talent ...

zszikora - I very much doubt it. Although there are quite a few guys with enormous Excel Spreadsheets on here that might be able to sort something out. It could be done by hand in a day or 2 probably.

All podiums ... Wins, 2nd and 3rd since 1950 updated through Singapore 2013 ... sortable and filterable by driver and podium stat ...

Didn't differentiate tracks where the name remained the same, but the configuration changed significantly ... the 'puter was huffing and puffing I just had to give it a break ...

Attachments

• F1 History - 1,2,3 since 1950.xls
    151 KB · Views: 187
UPDATE

Added in rankings columns next to each statistic ... also tagged the WDC's in the list ... and strike rate for 2nd place and 3rd place finishes on unique tracks where you have a minimum of 10 career 2nd's or 3rd's ...

Snap quiz questions ... just kidding ...

Q. How many WDC's have finished on the second step of the podium five or less times ... there is at least one (Jim Clark) ... who didn't know the meaning of the word "second"... ?

Q. If you sum all the second places finishes of these "x" WDC's above, this sum is equal the career second places finishes for which two WDC's ?

Q. Complete the sentence ... the Khyber < ....... >

Attachments

• F1 History - 1,2,3 since 1950 R1.xls
    212.5 KB · Views: 178
Podiums
1. Prost 29
2. M Schumacher 27
3. Alonso 26
4. Senna 25
5. Piquet/Hamilton/Raikkonen 24

Good stuff tooncheese . With the way I calculated the Wins figures, both Prost and Schumacher would have one more each. Prost was on the Podium at both Kyalami circuits, while Schumacher appeared on the Podium at both the Old and New Hockenheim Circuits.

Anyone out there up for taking a stab at number of circuits won at divided by number of circuits raced at? I suspect purely the number of circuits raced at favours current/recent drivers as the calendar has got longer over the years. I'd be interested to see who comes out on top... possibly Vettel.

Anyone out there up for taking a stab at number of circuits won at divided by number of circuits raced at? I suspect purely the number of circuits raced at favours current/recent drivers as the calendar has got longer over the years. I'd be interested to see who comes out on top... possibly Vettel.

Post 20... I will have a hunt for the file ...dust it off...

Updated through R04 Season 2014 (GP901) .... Wins and Podiums on unique circuits (adjusted for Hockenheim and Kyalami only)

Top 30 file shown ... attached spreadsheet has all drivers who have finished at least on the podium, filtered by column for F1 data nerdy goodness...

2014 Season includes 5 WDC's and 11 drivers who have scored at least one podium...

Invoice in the mail sushifiesta .... ;)

Wins&Podium Unique Circuits 901.JPG

Attachments

• Wins vs Raced on Different Circuits (KTK) R1.xlsx
    87.9 KB · Views: 166
When you see that Senna failed to win at 14 of the 31 circuits raced at it looks kind of bad, but it's actually quite deceiving. He had 3 or fewer attempts at those tracks on 11 of the 14. Here is the Breakdown;

1 Attempt (84 had a fairly strange calender and Ayrton was in the Toleman as well)

1984 - Zolder (P6)
1984 - Dijon (Ret)
1984 - Dallas (Ret)
1984 - New Nurburgring (Ret)
1993 - New Kyalami (P2)
1994 - Aida (Ret)

2 Attempts

1984-85 - Old Kyalami (P6 in 84)
1984-85 - Zandvoort (P3 in 85)

3 Attempts

1984-86 - Brands Hatch (P2 in 85)
1991-93 - Magny Cours (P3 in 91)
1991-93 - Catalunya (P2 in 93)

4 Attempts

1984-87 - Osterreichring (P2 in 85)

6 Attempts

1984-89 - Jacarepagua (P2 in 86)
1985-90 - Paul Ricard (P2 in 88)

So I guess you could say that Senna really had 3 bogey tracks.

Maybe I'll look at Piquet next who won at just 14 of the 33 circuits raced at.

Nice work ZakspeedYakspeed!

Hmm there's still 5 circuits on the calendar this year that Hamilton is yet to win at, assuming he wins them all that would take his strike rate to 23/27 with 85% of circuits won on, putting him marginally above Fangio in top spot.

Back
Top Bottom