Current Alfa Romeo Racing (formerly Sauber)

Discussion in 'Teams' started by FB, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    *** Off topic ***
    Last night I watched Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Drinking Coffee and this car was showcased:

[​IMG]

Jerry:
    - Alfa Romeo Giulia Super
    - I mean, forget everything
    - Don't you just wanna answer that when somebody says: "What kind of car you got"
    - An Alfa Romeo Giulia Super

I know I do

Andyoak and gethinceri like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Given that Alfa Romeo have a legacy in F1 as old as Ferrari and set the Pole, Fastest lap and all 3 podium spots at the first ever World Championship for drivers GP (Britain 1950) then they have a very good case for a history payment.

:whistle:

Andyoak and gethinceri like this.
  4. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Olivier an Alfa Romeo Giulia Super 'Cloverleaf'

But I'd rather have a GTA

screenshot.58.jpg

5. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Ferrari were not there due to a wrangle over starting money but despite that the race was a success. They should bear that in mind before making any more threats about leaving.

6. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

It is certain Maranello is cognizant of its past, place in history, and is fully capable and free to define their own future with, or without pugnacious lectures from sidelines.

7. Dartman

Dartman Points Scorer

Enzo ran Alfa, Ferrari emerged from Alfa

8. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Have any of you noticed that the snake on the Alfa badge is eating a man? I didn't spot it until I went to the Alfa museum last year, a day out I would recommend to all.

9. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I didn’t know that until I watched the episode. According to Alfa Romeo “At first glance, it looks like the snake is eating the human. Instead, the human is coming out of the snake a "new man," purified and renewed.”

10. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Is the man purified because of the snake, or because of the car I wonder, and don’t Men and snakes have a bit of a bad vibe going on anyway, as in Adam, Eve, Serpents and apples.
    It’s a bit of a strange badge when you stop and consider it.

11. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    To be fair it was the Woman and the serpent who caused the problems the men got caught up in the aftermath.

Bill Boddy likes this.
  12. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    To be fair, it's a load of old made up nonsense.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  13. Bill Boddy

Spoilsport.

cider_and_toast and gethinceri like this.
  14. Bill Boddy

If they are so cognisant how come they do not seem to have noticed that probably their longest successful time was when they had an international team all pulling together and stable with no sword of Damaclemes hanging over them.:)

15. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Great line from Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport as reported by the ever-robust and fact-checked www.gpguide.com.

"...the new Alfa will have a radical shape as it has been designed with "as little caution as possible".

Titch and gethinceri like this.
  16. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    Standby for the Alfa Sauber too look totally indistinguishable from every other car on the grid then.

RasputinLives likes this.
  17. sobriety

sobriety Pole Sitter

The Alba? Does that mean we now have a Scottish F1 team?

18. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    No that was Stewart F1

19. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    No, we all know that was Ecurie Ecosse.

Andyoak and sobriety like this.
  20. sobriety

sobriety Pole Sitter

Maybe I should have said "again" at the end of my question ;)

21. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

I am not in a position to provide operational analyses of any value on theme what went wrong at Ferrari, nor I would be tempted to do so. My point should have been perhaps expressed more clearly, that I think they have internal capacity and intellect to look back who they are today, and where they want to be tomorrow. External influences such as involvement of Fiat, Sergio Marchionne and many others who were at the table, steering soup, and I doubt it was all helpful at the end. Disruptive influences newer have happy endings. Hybrid technology implementation by FiA was scandalous IMO, but they also know that, and they do not need to hear from me. All what I am suggesting is for us to stay in silence, observing transformation in progress, and remaining still for a while. Teams like McLaren and Willaims on the other hand...
    I.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice