Adrian Sutil

Just noticed that this German doesn't have his own thread and thought it was about time he did.

Sutil began his F1 career back in 2007, entering F1 in the same year that Lewis Hamilton did.

Sutil has remained with the same team (only under different names) throughout his time in F1 so far. Since his F1 debut Adrian has competed in 84 races collecting 77 points in. Sutil unbelievable has a fastest racing lap to his name aswell!

Sutil to me has always been one of those constant midfield runners who will score a point or two when he's on top of his game. But i'm really struggling to see him step up to another level of racing team as there's a lot of driver out their better than him. Other than Force India where could he actually go to?

Maybe Vijay feels that with whatever budget he has, Sutil might be the most capable driver for the job. He would have good reason to think that.

Sutil was the best of the midfield drivers (the ones who got to compete throughout anyway...) in his last full season. Has beaten every teammate as far as I'm aware too. On talent alone I think he's better than plenty of the guys on the grid. Off the top of my head I'd rate him higher than anyone at the new teams, both current Force India drivers, both current Williams drivers, both Torro Rosso drivers.

His own fault he doesn't have a seat really though. It's sewn onto the inside of my bah mitzva slippers: Don't glass people.

So why does not a big team take a punt of Sutil then?

Sutil really should have taken his chances to accept the Renault drive for 2011 when he made noises he wanted more money and really lost out

Ironically it was a spat with his potential future employers that has lead to his conviction and being out of F1

It's more than likely just for the upcoming test but of course they wouldn't be giving him a test if they weren't considering him for the seat.

Back
Top Bottom