Adrian Sutil

Just noticed that this German doesn't have his own thread and thought it was about time he did.

Sutil began his F1 career back in 2007, entering F1 in the same year that Lewis Hamilton did.

Sutil has remained with the same team (only under different names) throughout his time in F1 so far. Since his F1 debut Adrian has competed in 84 races collecting 77 points in. Sutil unbelievable has a fastest racing lap to his name aswell!

Sutil to me has always been one of those constant midfield runners who will score a point or two when he's on top of his game. But i'm really struggling to see him step up to another level of racing team as there's a lot of driver out their better than him. Other than Force India where could he actually go to?

If Hamilton remebered what had happened he should have attended, or provided an acceptable affi davit (if that's how it's spelt) - his relationship with Sutil should not have entered it.

From my memory though Hamilton was ushered out of the night club by his security guards - any particular reason why they were not called as witnesses? This smacks to me of justice being carried out - I don't think Hamilton should be proud of backing down, but it sounds like he was called to be a friend and not a witness.

But then, high profile cases will always polarise opinion - and that one is only mine...

I will start by saying this is purely rumour, and not an opinion of mine, but it has been suggested that if Hamilton had "remembered" what had happened that night properly then it may not go too well for Sutil trying to prove it was an accident. Maybe he has done the best thing he could for his "friend" and said he doesn't remember and isn't available for the court to question him over it?

Personally I go with the fact that they managed to get an expert witness to say the damage done was consistent with a punch holding the glass and not the push that Sutil claimed it was, Sutils side never came up with anything to refute that testimony so must have been a weak point in their defence...

Sounds about 'par or the course' for Lewis
Damned if he did & Damned if he didn't
I would think that team & family may have persuaded Lewis.
IMO he would have been there for his friend, but as already stated, his evidence have may have made things worse for Adrian..

Sounds about 'par or the course' for Lewis
Damned if he did & Damned if he didn't
I would think that team & family may have persuaded Lewis.
IMO he would have been there for his friend, but as already stated, his evidence have may have made things worse for Adrian..

Maybe Lewis felt his 'friend' did it and deserved the punishment he was going to get and wanted to show that by not being there.

but its hearsay ain't it? But once again Mr Sutil goes down in my estimation for once again trying to divert the blame from himself.

Its all very pure and simple Adrian, you glassed someone in an argument and they were seriously injured. You can strop about people not supporting you and come up with all the excuses you like but the fact is you did it and now you pay the consequences what you should do is hold your hands up, says it was wrong, apologise, take your punishment like a man and learn from the whole experience. If you did that and then quietly got on with things I wouldn't be surprised if you worked your way back into F1 as you obviously have skill - however stropping to the press and calling people cowards is just going to push you out of F1 even more matey.

Interesting article from the Indy about assault sentencing guidelines. It would appear that the court you appear in makes a great deal of difference as does "previous good character" and wasn't Lewis supposed to be there as a character witness?. It looks as if the new guidelines, the fact that he doesn't make a habit of glassing people, and the need to save money in the prison service, have worked in Adrian's favour.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-under-new-sentencing-guidelines-2105511.html

I thought it was in the UK, shows how much I care about what happens to Adrian Sutil really then doesn't it? :D

I think he's only the villian in Adrian Sutil's head

I think Adrian may be sitting at home in just his pants drunk offf his face ringing the media every half hour to blame someone different for why his careers stuffed up.

"......you knoow whooosche fault it is BBC? the blooming arabs! if they hadn't invented glass back in Mesopotamia in 3500BC then I'd never of had one in my hand when I swung a punch...I mean pushed Eric the bloomin knobhead! In my opinion thats why F1 should boycott Bahrain and Abu Dhabi"

WHAT!?
Say Gaz, a hypothetical, unemployed bloke in a tracksuit cuts somebody's throat in a local nightclub you think he gets a suspended sentence and a fine? Hell to the no!
In Germany, that unemployed bloke would also have had the suspended sentence and the fine (among other things because it's not exactly of cutting somebody's throat of what Sutil was accused/sentenced, or at least not in the sense that saying is usually used). The fine would have been much lower for the unemployed bloke, though. A 100-days-of-salary fine for an unemployed person is much less than 200K €

Please, don't forget we are talking here about a different country, with a different law system and a different way of dealing with this kind of thing. You can't directly translate GBH to gefärliche Körperverletzung, they are similar but not the same thing.

As a matter of fact, the judge wrote in her sentence that being a famous sportsman had played against Sutil while she was making her decision because he is a role model for others.

As a matter of fact, the judge wrote in her sentence that being a famous sportsman had played against Sutil while she was making her decision because he is a role model for others.

How about being a 'just' a sportsman? Adrian Sutil is hardly a 'worldwide name'.

How about being a 'just' a sportsman? Adrian Sutil is hardly a 'worldwide name'.
Fair enough.
But to be a role model for others, the others have to know who you are, don't they? :)
Sutil is a known person in Germany, maybe not as much as other German drivers or even some non-German drivers, but he is a known... a bit.

Oh, don't worry. As a matter of fact, I've heard a few very serious people criticising the judge's ruling because of that precise part of the sentence-text.

Adrian was saying he could not get hold of Lewis and get his support like his dad gave him and even changed his number. Now did anyone else in the F1 paddock give him support then? He is also suppose to be friends with Nico Rosberg

I am not sure if it was a sponsorship thing or team matter that made Lewis not available for the trial - the Mclaren car launch was happening and after last year's troubles Lewis and the team want to keep him away from unwanted attention

Force India have said they dropped Sutil based on long term assessment not the case otherwise they would have dropped him after China

.... He is also suppose to be friends with Nico Rosberg....I am not sure if it was a sponsorship thing or team matter that made Lewis not available for the trial - the Mclaren car launch was happening and after last year's troubles Lewis and the team want to keep him away from unwanted attention....

Was Rosberg there? Didi he see anything? Could that be why Sutil didn't ask him to testify?

If it was because of the launch Hamilton could still have submitted a sworn statement. If it was because the team didn't want him to be associated with the court case then personally I think that McLaren should look at themselves to see it it is something that they are proud of. If it was that Hamilton had nothing to add to Sutil's case then he should have told him so.

But it is quite possible that Hamilton had some good reason for avoiding contact such as any testimony he could give would have harmed Sutil.

It is not likely that we will know for many years,if ever.

Was Rosberg there? Didi he see anything? Could that be why Sutil didn't ask him to testify?

If it was because of the launch Hamilton could still have submitted a sworn statement. If it was because the team didn't want him to be associated with the court case then personally I think that McLaren should look at themselves to see it it is something that they are proud of. If it was that Hamilton had nothing to add to Sutil's case then he should have told him so.

But it is quite possible that Hamilton had some good reason for avoiding contact such as any testimony he could give would have harmed Sutil.

It is not likely that we will know for many years,if ever.

Well if Adrian's gripe is about LEwis not sending a good luck message then which other drivers did then ?

AS for Mclaren being involved the timing was unfortunate the car launch around the same time and they were worried if the matter dragged on so to speak. Also the sponsors - they won't be too thrilled that one of their marketing tools was not there at launch and the press will have a field day about Lewis' absence

Only Lewis will know what he saw that day and whether he could have helped Adrian

Back
Top Bottom