About Us

Soon is a relative term.

Before that happens we need to raise the funds, restructure all of the old database tables (a huge job), add in the new data for 2011, come up with the new structure, functionality, design and layout (another huge task), get it coded, test it, etc.

Fine, I'll remove it.

Although that page is a history of the site, not necessarily what exists now.

Granted, but a newbie could look at that (as it stood) and think "Great, where is that database?" and we've got a broken promise and non-poster straight off.

I'm not opposed to mentioning the database, but it would be better to make clear that work is still being done to bring it up to the current standard.

Granted, but a newbie could look at that (as it stood) and think "Great, where is that database?" and we've got a broken promise and non-poster straight off.

I'm not opposed to mentioning the database, but it would be better to make clear that work is still being done to bring it up to the current standard.

Just add an explanation and time-line - no problem

I'll reword it slightly when I get a chance.

The ultimate aim is to reinstate the database but it's going to be a while before that happens.

Of course if we have anyone willing to do another Italian Job or Brinks Mat robbery...
whistle.gif

Just found these old screenshots on the PC :D

I'm still amazed the site survived past the initial free web host we were using.
The server was down more than it was up and sometimes it took minutes to load a page - I suspect we lost a significant number of members (from the handful we had) in that period.
Not to mention the site was crap...

Anyway, we're still here...

In the beginning there was this (although this is a screenshot after we moved)...
forum-home-phpbb-2008-1.png

Very shortly after we moved to a paid server, still using free phpBB software and the default style though.
forum-home-phpbb-2008-2.png

Then of course we had the infamous orange style and our own home page portal (which was a lot of work to develop and update).
home-phpbb-2010.png

With the corresponding forum home.
forum-home-phpbb-2010.png

Then of course we migrated to XenForo and initially it was all a bit rounder.
home-xenforo-01.2012.png
forum-home-xenforo-01.2012.png

Which shortly after became a lot sharper.
home-xenforo-02.2012.png
forum-home-xenforo-02.2012.png

Back
Top Bottom