RANT A Rant - Things that REALLY annoy me

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by mjo, Dec 8, 2011.

1. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Be glad you were not in Kansai airport when the typhoon hit!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    What. ... ? Champagne or the oysters?

4. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Well, I don't drink and I don't eat seafood so take your pick :D

5. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    FB So your pre flight relax, total luxury might be. .. a great bacon/ sausage bar with fine coffee or tea ? What would set you up, keep you calm for the airport madness ahead. ?

6. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    My perfect airport situation would be being treated like a customer by the airport staff but, alas, this is never likely to happen. I think I've mentioned before that passengers are referred to in the airline industry as "self loading baggage", which just about sums it up really.

I just turn up as late as you can risk it and spend as little time in the God forsaken places as possible. My family get naffed off with me at airports as all I want to do is to get through everything as quickly as possible even if it means sitting at the gate for an hour. I'd rather that than suffer the overpriced, plastic food, have to work my way through crowds of idiots who don't know which direction they should be going in or do some "retail therapy" and buy some shit I neither want nor need in the terminal.

Terminal - predicted to lead to death, especially slowly; incurable esp. airport terminals

Oh, I don't like airports LOL

7. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    You're going to need a big pot for this you fat tongued, turkey twizzler stealing, fun food destroying bell end.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jamie-Cook...=1537214578&sr=8-1&keywords=jamie+cooks+italy

Titch likes this.
  8. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Crikey!

9. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    A fan of Jamie then FB.
    :D

FB likes this.
  10. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

On one of his TV programmes he cooked a curry for his mates. Apart from not including any dry spices except chilli powder he put the chilli into a pan with hot wet spices, then remarked on the acrid smell. You burnt the chilli powder Jamie, it will be bitter, throw it all away and start again.

P.S. He also maltreated the ginger root, at most you should only scrape the outer layer off, not slice it off; this is the part of the ginger with the most juice which gives it the taste.

11. Clay

Clay Test Driver

Leave him alone, he knows what he's doing.

I've never watched him cook, his tongue attracts too much of my attention. How has he not managed to chew it off while talking?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  12. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Cross Country Trains. The Ryan Air of the rail Industry. (Only without the racism).

>:(

Angel and Titch like this.
  13. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Featured Threads:
    I'll add mine, plumbers who won't even reply to your phonecalls, let alone actually come and deal with the job you need them for! :givemestrength:

14. Bill Boddy

Sorry Angel but they have all gone back to Poland.:)

Angel likes this.
  15. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Actually, the saddest part is, this one I've known for almost 30 years and he lives about 3 miles down the road! As it goes, I've found a different plumber (recommended by someone I trust) to do our boiler and I managed to fix our toilet myself after watching a you tube video on how to do it ;) It ended up costing me just £4 for the part, result!

Bill Boddy likes this.
  16. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Proof positive that the world has gone entirely mad. The Iceland Christmas ad can only be seen on you tube as it’s been banned on TV. Apparently it’s too political.
    Watch it. Political my ass.
    What they really mean is. “ it’s scary we can’t face the truth.”

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Angel, rufus_mcdufus and F1Brits_90 like this.
  17. Angel

Featured Threads:
    From what I've seen on twitter the publicity of the advert being banned has made people so angry loads of them are going to shop there now. So in some ways they might have actually done them a favour.

Titch likes this.
  18. Bill Boddy

I do wish that shops would not take the names of countries, I get easily confused.

Angel likes this.
  19. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I know, the Peoples Democratic Republic of Tesco has never been the same since that supermarket opened.

F1Brits_90, Hamberg, FB and 1 other person like this.
  20. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    You joke but I'm pretty sure a track lay out for the Tesco Grand Prix has already been submitted to the FIA.

As an aside - do you know why Iceland is called Iceland? It's because the settlers there were trying to deter the Vikings from invaded. They called their own island Iceland and the one near by Greenland. This may be a myth but I like to think it's true.

cider_and_toast, Titch and Angel like this.
  21. Angel

Featured Threads:
    That is why the country tried to sue the shop to try and make them change their name. It didn't work. Of course before it was Iceland wasn't it Bejam? Damn I'm showing my age now :snigger:

Bill Boddy likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice