RANT A Rant - Things that REALLY annoy me

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by mjo, Dec 8, 2011.

1. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    So not satisfied with depositing tonnes of shit in to the oceans and seas we are now sending it in to our upper atmosphere. Idiots.

Bakewell pudding 'lost in space'

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I expect the balloon burst. Some poor bewildered soul somewhere in the world is now wearing Bakewell pudding on their head.

FB likes this.
  4. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

There are some families who should not be allowed...

Nightclub acid attacker's family in court

5. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I have discovered an intelligence test that 90% of rail travellers fail.

The humble ticket barrier.

Such a simple device and yet for most of the people I've seen using them, apparently the most complicated system in the world.

Common faults seen on an almost daily basis are:

1) Not having a ticket ready and holding up a train load of passengers while searching for it.
    2) Putting a ticket that somehow looks like its been chewed by a dog through and failing over and over again. Same result as above.
    3) Putting the return ticket through on the outward journey.
    4) Trying to wrestle a huge suitcase through the narrowest barrier.
    5) Trying to feed a ticket into an incoming barrier (your side has a big red X)
    6) Putting your ticket through the left side slot then trying to walk to the right of it.

6. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    7. Standing in front of an open barrier fumbling to get the ticket through the slot and looking really awkward, as the barrier should be closed.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  7. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Featured Threads:
    8. Not having a ticket in the first place but pretending you have and just can't find it.

8. Bill Boddy

9. Waiting until someone has put a ticket in and then pushing in front of them to avoid having to pay a fare.

9. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    12. Not being able to follow a basic numbering system
    32. Elephants

10. Bill Boddy

It's not been my best day. It started OK but just before I had time to finish my breakfast there was a knock on the door; it's a long story but it finished up with me going to Gatwick to give moral assistance to a friend who was picking up a friend of his there. Not too bad at first as the Monday morning traffic chaos was over.

Then the traffic slowed, there had been an accident on the other carriageway and rubber necking was the order of the day. But we got past it and saw the enormous queue that could be ours on the way back. But that died down - well for a mile anyway before there was another accident which had a tailback to nearly the M23.

We then got to the airport, South Terminal. Normally I go to arrivals and do a flying pickup and away; not possible today so we had to go to Express Pickup. This is just a small area of the short term car park intended to get you in, out and away at high speed; £4 for less than 5 minutes in the car park is taking the mickey. I just do not see how that can be justified, no way.

So it was out to the M23 where there were notices saying congestion junctions 10 to 13 which sounded quire hopeful. The are lies, damned lies and motorway signs. To crown it all when we finally got home I had to take the dog, on loan for three weeks whilst her owners are in Malaysia, for a walk in the burning sun. Could things get worse?

11. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Yes, did you forget to take a doggypooh bag with you?

Titch likes this.
  12. Bill Boddy

I refer you to my post in the anty-rant thread gethinceri.

13. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Why do some delivery people look at you like you're a complete moron?!

This morning our shiny new washing machine was delivered, I was happy to pay for them to take the old machine away but I wasn't about to pay £20 for them to hook the new machine up. I've done it before and it's really not difficult. So the delivery guy looks at me like I'm a complete fool and said, "Now you will remember to take the transit bolts out won't you?" That really made me angry, I don't know whether he's like that with everyone or just said it because I'm a woman but it really got to me. I'm sure he could have done it quicker than I could, but I'm equally as sure I have done just as good a job as he could have on it!

14. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    You know the expression "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat every day"? Well I have a variation on this

Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a day. Give a man a uniform and he will turn in to an over bearing ****. (this is the rant thread folks)

Even delivery drivers get uniforms and they have little power other than to be patronising, especially to women. That means they like to talk down to people Angellica ;)

Angel and cider_and_toast like this.
  15. Angel

Featured Threads:

It's the patronising tone I objected to most. you're right FB they get a damn uniform and they think they're suddenly better than the rest of us, only they're not!

I am a woman, therefore I read the instructions booklet and do things properly. ;) As I say I've installed a washing machine before as well. It's working as it's supposed to, it's level and no water is coming out of anywhere it shouldn't. Job done! :D

16. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Deep breath Angellica, maybe he was being helpful, maybe he says it to everyone. Certainly they said it to us 12 years ago (age of our machine), us being one male and one female. Lots of people don't read the instructions, and maybe he gets to come back and take away a lot of broken new machines.

17. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Or more likely he's been told to ask to get more money in...

18. Bill Boddy

I switched the TV on as there was a sports programme that migh be interesting. I got:

Loud shoutygrumpy noise followed by a 20 second delay.
    Loud shoutygrumpy noise then loud grumpyshouty noise then loud shoutygrumpy noise then loud grumpyshouty noise then lthen oud shoutygrumpy noise then loud grumpyshouty noise then Loud shoutygrumpy noise then loud grumpyshouty noise then Loud shoutygrumpy noise followed by "Fifteen Love".

Can't they do it a bit quieter?

19. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    That's what happens when you watch Playboy TV apparently. Turn the over 18 stuff off and watch the Tennis on BBC1 instead.

LOL

20. Angel

Featured Threads:
    I hear what you're saying Titch it was just his tone, like he was talking to a small child or a really stupid person. I don't mind helpful advice, in fact I welcome it. I just didn't appreciate the way he said more than what he was actually saying if that makes sense.

Titch and The Pits like this.
  21. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Yes perfect sense. You, and only you, know what you heard and it offended you. Hopefully he dropped the next machine on his toe.

:)

Angel likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice