1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RANT A Rant - Things that REALLY annoy me

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by mjo, Dec 8, 2011.

1. mjo

mjo Procrastinating Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    When the BBC decide to send ten different reporters to the north-west of Scotland to report how windy it is. Then, they have in-depth 'reaction' ... as if anyone can feasibly control the weather! I could understand if it was about a hurricane, tornado, or other weather-related disasters, but I've just seen some women on BBC news saying how 'fresh' it is! What a waste of our time! All that is needed is the weather person to mention gale-force winds. We don't need to go into a ten-minute report about how windy and rainy it is!

Politicians. Repeatedly saying about 'how we need to resolve this crisis', 'now is not the time', 'keeping Britain's interests' et cetera. Inevitably nothing is done. How they know that they need to do something, but not know what to do. How they (and virtually all the committee's in Britain) always try to 'engage wiv da yoof'. I am under 18, and IT IS PATRONISING. Not all young people are graffiti-spraying drug addicts, who rob houses every other night, binging on kebabs and alcohol to 2am every morning and sponging money out of the taxpayers!

Huw Edwards. I don't know why, I think it's just how he can be so boring that we could easily listen to a three-hour lecture on the precise inner working of the atomic structure of the movement of rocks in the Eurasian Plate, down in the Earth's lithosphere and the mantle and the convective movements of rock underneath that. You get me?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. tooncheese

tooncheese Hans Heyer Contributor

Half-filled packets of Walkers Crisps.

4. mjo

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Yes, Yes!

5. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    David Cameron for blaming everything on the previous government, Ed Milliband for blaming everything on the current government, Nick Clegg for not even realising he's in the government and Ed Balls, 'cos he's a knob.

Hamberg, ATL11, ExtremeNinja and 8 others like this.
  6. gethinceri

gethinceri "suck my balls honey" Contributor

Featured Threads:
    People who don't indicate properly at roundabouts.

7. LJKSet

LJKSet Rookie

Thai drivers.

8. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Huge big fat people on public transport taking up 2 seats (normally the disabled seats) with their big fat :censored: whilst others are made to stand.

EATING ISN'T A FULL TIME JOB

9. Brogan

Brogan Running Man Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Pretty much everything.

10. Brogan

Brogan Running Man Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Including Likes!

Bill Boddy, MCLS, Fenderman and 3 others like this.
  11. Jen

Jen Here be dragons. Contributor

The poison dwarf that is the President of France!

12. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    People that moan about others liking their posts!

MCLS, teabagyokel, Fenderman and 2 others like this.
  13. Jen

The never-ending use of the word 'journey'.

"I can now tie my shoelaces, it was an incredible journey". "Boiling an egg is now a cinch, another incredible journey".

Mastering my chosen profession, learning how to dance, doing what I'm paid to do, blah, blah - all are incredible journeys apparently!!

Fenderman and HammydiRestarules like this.
  14. Road of Bones

Road of Bones MTC Mole Premium Contributor

Ah yes - the triumph of the mundane over the exceptional, or: "everybody's special, no really, they are - we've all got at least one thing we're brilliant at - here have a gold star for breathing and not falling over..."

erinha, Fenderman and Jen like this.
  15. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Can I add "it's my passion" or "I'm really passionate about such and such". SHUT UP! If you wanted to be a chef, singer, dancer, footballer, jockey, whatever, why the **** have you waited until there's a film crew about? Most people who "follow their passion" do it without Simon Cowell or John The Toads assistance.

16. Jen

Automated telephone systems - especially the ones that ask you to speak to them and then mishear what you've said - because there aren't any real people listening, just bloody software.

Or the ones that have an automated voice assuring that 'your custom is important to us', then ask you to listen to a dozen different options 'to ensure you are put through to the right department' (invariably you're not!).

Or the ones that tell you 'to help to deal with your query quickly' please listen to a dozen options, pick the one that is most relevant, hit option 9, get muzak for at least 15 minutes and when someone finally becomes available because they have 'been busy helping other customs at the moment' it proves to be the wrong department.

If real people answered the phone (a good, old-fashioned switchboard) your call would have been done and dusted in the time it takes to listen to the effing options.

17. mjo

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    People who try and sell you double-glazed windows and insist in taking up your time from a call centre in India. And things like that.

Fenderman and HammydiRestarules like this.
  18. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Politics. hundreds of well paid people whose only job it seems is to avoid answering any questions with a straight answer, and to make it look like they are doing lots of things to help the country, when in reality they are not.Disagreeing with one another because of the party you are in is also just bollocks. Lets do what is right for the country, not just to get your party elected. The fact that all this kind of posturing has rubbed off in the corporate workplace only serves to piss me off more!

Analogisers (if there is such a word) My boss speaks almost entirely in analogies, and it takes him around 10 times longer to convey a simple point, and sometimes it could take several discussions simply to find out he wants me to run some numbers which may have only taken me 5 minutes, but wasted an hour trying to understand what a taxi driver has to do with the whole thing.

Blame culture. Who says there is someone to blame for everything? why should I pay more for my car insurance because of ambulance chasing lawyers? Why are my children not afforded the same options as I was for school trips because the insurance is ridiculous?

And do not get me started on the whole political corectness thing....

19. gethinceri

gethinceri "suck my balls honey" Contributor

Featured Threads:
    You don't work for me do you?

HammydiRestarules and The Pits like this.
  20. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I plead the fifth!

HammydiRestarules likes this.
  21. HammydiRestarules

HammydiRestarules Di Resta fan :). Contributor

Lorry drivers who pull out into the fast lane on a dual carriage way and take 5 minutes to overtake the vechicle their passing.

My sister asking my mam "whats for tea all the bloody time" she's 21 for heavens sake do your own tea.

Also reality tv shows. I've had enough of them and they've taken away the best Drama's and Comedies we had here in the UK. Miss the days of putting Heartbeat on, on a Sunday night with a cup of hot chocolate and in my warm pj's. Plus Bad Girls was class and i absoultley loved Ugly Betty when that was on.

ExtremeNinja, MCLS, jenov2003 and 3 others like this.

Share This