59th Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring

Approaching 10 hours now as a full moon begins to shine over Sebring...............
LMP-1} #10 Oreca-Matmut Peugeot 908 HDi(N. Lapierre), 1st overall[267 laps]
GT} #56 BMW Motorsport BMW M3(D. Muller), 8th overall[-15 laps]
LMPC} #036 Genoa Racing Oreca-FLM(D. Cameron), 13th overall[-16 laps]
GTE-Am} #57 Krohn Racing Ferrari F430(F. Rugolo), 19th overall[-22 laps]
GTC} #054 Black Swan Racing Porsche 911 GT3(S. Bleekemolen), 22nd overall[-24 laps]
LMP-2} #055 Level 5 Motorsports Lola-Honda(R. Hunter-Reay), 29th overall[-29 laps]

Contact btwn. one of the Corvette Racing entries & one of the BMW Motorsport M3s.........looks like it was the BMW that got the worst of it w/a punctured tire

Talk about surreal...........on the one hand, I'm watching the ESPN3 feed & following the Sebring 12 Hours race. On the other hand, I'm glancing over at Fox News on the TV watching the Allied attacks on Libya as they continue along...........surreal indeed. :o:o:o:o

Yeah, it is weird. Al Jazeera have a very attractive lady reporting while gunfire rips away behind her, she's hot and cool at the same time!!
Back to the race though...........

I've cursed them, have I?
:whistle: :whistle:
runaway.gif

The #10 Peugeot is in pit-lane..........looks like a full-stop; driver change, full fuel & tires
Also in is the #62 Risi Ferrari, though that stop's way off-sequence considering they were just in a short bit ago........

Hmm, Fox News and Al Jazeera. We get all sorts on Clip the Apex eh?

Top GT runners all starting to look a bit shaky. Considering the time Risi have had their 458 it's a miracle it's still running at all, I'd have thought?

Me thinks Hindhaugh & Co. have realized that age-old truism about jinxing race leaders........pit reporter Andrew Marriott was talking about possible strategy for the Highcroft entry and just as ole' Andrew started to wax aloud about Highcroft possibly winning, Hindhaugh(or as Speed's Marshall Pruett referred to him back in Jan. during the Daytona 24, "that lumpy guy from Sunderland") cut him off & started talking about something else.......LOLLOL

Oh yes, they know, they know! If we don't get any more cautions, this could be set up for a grandstand finish.

From the pace they're going, it's pretty clear the ORECA car will have to make two more stops. So how much faster will they need to be, per lap, to build enough of a gap for the extra stop? 2 seconds would give them another 50 seconds overall, roughly, I think.

I've been following it off and on since this afternoon.

Who's leading the classes at the moment?
LMP-1} #10 Oreca-Matmut Peugeot 908 HDi(N. Lapierre), 1st overall[293 laps]
GT} #56 BMW Motorsport BMW M3(J. Hand), 8th overall[-17 laps]
LMPC} #036 Genoa Racing Oreca-FLM(D. Cameron), 10th overall[-17 laps]
GTE-Am} #57 Krohn Racing Ferrari F430(N. Jonsson), 18th overall[-25 laps]
GTC} #054 Black Swan Racing Porsche 911 GT3(S. Bleekemolen), 21st overall[-29 laps]
LMP-2} #055 Level 5 Motorsports Lola-Honda(R. Hunter-Reay), 23rd overall[-30 laps]
....'bout 70 minutes or so remaining, Brogan. :)

LMP1:
1 Lapierre (ORECA Peugeot)
2 Pagenaud (Highcroft HPD) +58s
3 Montagny (Peugeot Sport) +1:44s
4 Capello (Audi Sport) +6 laps
5 Dumas (Audi Sport) +7 laps

LMP2:
Ryan Hunter Reay leading by a mile

GT:
1 Hand (BMW)
2 Milner (Corvette) +56s
3 Werner (BMW) +1:10s
4 Gavin (Corvette) +1 lap
5 Bruni (Ferrari F430) +1 lap

Sorry, too slow!

It's still potentially between the top three for the overall win.

GT should go to the lead BMW unless it runs into trouble, but it has before, so can't rule it out completely.

Back
Top Bottom