2020 Silly Season

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Ruslan, Jun 8, 2019.

1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Angel i didn't think about that & you make a good point. that you'd expect a driver that is in his 5th season & 90th race to be further ahead of his rookie teammate in only his 9th race

Angel likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    F1Brits_90 - you have heard it before but it's great for me to pull out my catchphrase

MATSUSHITA DOES NOT HAVE A SUPERLICENCE!

He might do by the end of the season though if he finishes high enough. Which is why Honda brought him back to Europe.

4. Angel

Angel Happy to be here. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Exactly. I assumed Sainz wasn't doing so well, but he's scored more points than Norris, I just hadn't realised it because I've heard so little about him this season and so much about Norris. Sainz is not blowing Norris away like you'd expect in his position which isn't good for him and his career, he's likely to become another also ran and be over looked when teams are deciding who they want in their car.

5. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives Ocon can still be at Renault for 2020 which sounds like it at the moment unless Renault stick two fingers to Toto. Things will get a bit complicated for Red Bull were Sainz re-signed. Having said that Gasly is not performing well enough as Red Bull are not gaining much on Ferrari in 2nd place in the constructors

Ocon - being associated with Merc surely would not get to be placed at Red Bull against his nemesis Verstappen given the past history they have

6. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Sainz is doing well at Mclaren although the speed of Norris is mighty impressive. Sainz actually could be challenging Gasly were not for bad luck in previous races where he has been taken out

7. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/mercedes-prepared-to-release-ocon-from-contract/

Sounds like to me that Ocon may be getting offers from elsewhere and the team (s) won't sign him because of his association with Merc in F1

8. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
  9. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    well that was ocons issue last year, the grid ganged up on wolff domination

10. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Wolff runs his mouth though and gets peoples backs up. He was all over the press last year saying he was 'negotiating' Sainz going to McLaren early so Ocon could go from Force India to Renault mid-season. As he is nothing to do with either the driver or the teams in that deal what the hell has it got to do with him? If I'm a team boss i'm not getting involved with someone connected to a man who thinks he is the boss of everyone.

11. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives That is easy to say and hard to follow up remember Flav filled the grid with his drivers or loaned them out to the teams at the back especially if there is money involved and sponsorship pressure. Only Frank Williams and maybe Ron Dennis at times had the balls to stand up and say no in a hard nose way.

Is there pressure coming from Renault to demand a French driver to either Team Enstone ( probable) and Mclaren ( probably not as much) so one assumes Ocon is the man in demand

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  12. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    christian horner scouting a South African & Argentinean today.

IMG_20190705_232412.jpg

13. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Is that William Hague 2 rows in front?

Bill Boddy likes this.
  14. Angel

Featured Threads:
    That's exactly what I was thinking, it looks like him. I am also wondering, is that Alistair Cook the retired England cricketer between Geri and William Hague?

15. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    It is Wimbledon so possibly. I wonder why Hague is not wearing his baseball cap.

16. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Probably the dress code, I think they're pretty strict. Nico Rosberg got caught out a couple of years ago, I'm not sure if it was a tie, or socks, or perhaps both that he didn't have and was told he wasn't allowed in. They supplied some to him I believe so he got in eventually.

17. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Di Grassi got DQ'd in Formula E for wearing the wrong pants.

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  18. Angel

Featured Threads:
    What? How could his pants do that? You're kidding, right? Surely what you wear under your overalls is entirely your own buisness. Or am I reading this wrong, I am assuming the British use of the word pants and not the American one.

19. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

The British wear different pants than us?

20. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Yes, what you would call pants we would usually call trousers, what we call pants, you would usually call underwear. We do also say underwear sometimes but it gets more complicated if you start getting into that and waaaaay off topic too.

21. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Oh, I don't know.
    If we're talking about Stroll then pants seems pretty appreciate :)

Bill Boddy likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice