Grand Prix 2019 Chinese Grand Prix (1000th GP) Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by cider_and_toast, Apr 9, 2019.

1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    could be a thing but it wouldve been lap11 vettel didnt pit til lap 14

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 08.53.36.png

4. 220

220 Learner

2 practice sessions in and I dont think we have had a Renault engine problem yet.
    All 4 renault powered cars in the top 10 for FP2 with Hulk 5th, Ricciardo the top of them in FP1 in 6th.

5. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

6. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

7. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

8. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Not so much of a gap at the back for Williams so far. It would seem they are slowly clawing back a tenth here and there.

9. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Bobby K ahead of GR in both sessions as well. Useless, two handed, hairy git Russell should pack it in...

10. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Not a fan then FB

11. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    No opinion either way Titch, just that there has been some comments about Kubica being bald and mildly handicapped and that's why he was being beaten. Thought I'd turn it on it's head.

Titch, Ruslan, RasputinLives and 2 others like this.
  12. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Loving the avatars Titch and FB

Ferrari are still saying that in 50/50 situations they plan to put Vettel first. I wonder how much longer that scenario will last if Leclerc proves to be the faster of the two. Not that he was today, but I meant in general.

Titch likes this.
  13. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    At least there was one beutiful F1 car on the circuit today:

Hill drives father's Monaco-winning Lotus in Shanghai demo

14. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I gather from this the Merc engine is still very much suited to the Chinese circuit then. They've been very successful round here.

I do wonder if Liberty Media would prefer a Ferrari victory for the 1000th GP. History and all that.

15. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

Sort of fast-forwarded through both qualifying sessions on TV. Does anyone know what the problem was with Leclerc's car?

A few observations:
    1. It was cooler than usual weather....so results may vary.
    2. Not sure if Ferrari is faster than Mercedes. Sort of looks it though, but not by huge amounts (maybe 0.2 vice 0.5).
    3. The rest of the order seems the same as before.
    4. The driver pairings seem the same as before except Kubica is now ahead of George Russell.
    .....a. The most notable differences remain on some teams: Hamilton over Bottas, Verstappen over Gasly, Kvyat over Albon and Raikkonen over Giovinazzi
    .....b. The general sense I get from the multiple practices over the first three races is that Vettel definitely has a speed advantage over Leclerc.

16. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    If that were the case, surely the Kimster will be celebrating an astonishing victory for Alfa Romeo?

;)

BradMan and Ruslan like this.
  17. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Ruslan Vettel & leclerc were running different downforce levels in FP1 & Leclerc cooling leak cost him that 2nd run later as he
    missed final 35mins, so his fastest time was 1 of his 1st in FP2 in 1st half hour

18. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

Well, here is what I am seeing so far: Leclerc's time compared to Vettel

FP1: -.036
    FP2: -.281
    FP3: -.193
    FP1: +.263 (Leclerc ahead of Vettel)
    FP2: -.035
    FP3: +.169 (Leclerc ahead of Vettel)
    FP1: - .256
    FP2: - .801

Obviously Leclerc has had a great weekend at Bahrain, and Vettel did not, but you wonder if Vettel does not still have an overall speed advantage. We will know more tomorrow.

19. 220

220 Learner

Well I think quali has given us a fair indication of car pace Bottas on pole by .02 from Hamilton. Vettel .3 behind in third but less than .02 ahead of his team mate. Max back in 5th .5 off pole pace. Gasly only .02 ahead of the Renaults who are 1.4sec off the pace with Danny Ric piping the Hulk by .004.

Given the time difference between team mates you would have to think they all maximised the cars potential apart from Gasly and the results are a fair indication of speed at least for China.

vintly and Titch like this.
  20. olegg

olegg Race Winner

upload_2019-4-13_13-17-35.png

220, gethinceri, vintly and 1 other person like this.
  21. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

gethinceri likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice