Poll 2019 Canadian Grand Prix out of 10

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by cider_and_toast, Jun 9, 2019.

?
  1. 0 - I wish someone would remind me about these Grand Prixs. I missed it again.

0.0%
  2. 1 - So bad I'm going to sit in the motorhome and watch an episode of the A-Team

22.2%
  3. 2 - Peeping out from behind the garage door to look at the occasional car go by

5.6%
  4. 3 - Standing in the glass booth at the back of the garage monitoring the timing screens

5.6%
  5. 4 - Helping the team by bringing around a tray of hot pasties

11.1%
  6. 5 - The ultimate middle of the road race - Or an absolute classic in "Brundlese"

5.6%
  7. 6 - Standing outside the garage chatting to Johnny Herbert

27.8%
  8. 7 - Interviewing the drivers as they make their way around the track on the back of a truck

16.7%
  9. 8 - Hosting the pre and after race shows

0.0%
  10. 9 - An hour long life stories interview with Jenson Button and a years contract to host Sky F1

0.0%
  11. 10 - Formula E

5.6%
  1. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Okey dokey then peeps.

It's time to drag ourselves out of the stewards office and on to the podium to give our opinion of the Canadian GP.

I have a feeling this one will be a bit of a hot topic.

The votes will be counted in 7 days.

Anyway, here we go.........

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Is there to be a vote on the after-race shenanigans as well or should we count it as a whole?

How does one brine pasties?

4. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

Six....we actually had a race for a lead which was decided by "driver error"...shall we say.

5. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    LOL

It involves a hammer, a mobile phone and a warning to a cantankerous auto correct to shape up and fly right or its going to get it.

6. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Shit.

7. Johnny Carwash

Johnny Carwash Champion Elect Contributor

1. Not only for the poor decision of the stewards to award a time penalty to Vettel,but also the failure of the new regulations to improve overtaking.

8. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Lewis win. Vettel upset after trying to cheat. Brilliant. Great seeing Stroll and Dan have a great race too. Loved it.

Jimbob likes this.
  9. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Vettel couldn’t have done anything differently in his situation. It’s all very well saying he could have lifted to regain control, but after 20+ years of competitive racing that’s not remotely likely. However, Hammy was impeded, and not marginally. He forced the error from Vettel and ended up on the receiving end, in a dangerous situation - so I can see why the stewards gave the penalty.

But I don’t think they should have. In the context of the season and F1 as a whole it was the wrong decision. It could have been said to be a ‘racing non-incident’ and that would have been that.

Mildly entertaining otherwise. 5.

Ruslan likes this.
  10. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    6 - entertaining for F1 race & alot funny pettiness at the end

Ruslan likes this.
  11. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Rotten - 1

12. olegg

olegg Race Winner

I think - 7

13. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    I gave it a 1 simply because there were no minus options and I couldn't give it a 0 as I watched it. I wished I hadn't thanks to that penalty.

14. I'd give it a 6, it wasn't that bad, there were some nice overtakes (a couple of nice ones from Kvyat) and the last 20 laps were thrilling. I'd say that it wasn't great in sporting terms but as a form of entertaiment it was ok

15. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

Having upper hand in 2 sectors, Mercedes either underperformed, or more likely, Sebastian produced something special.
    The number is 5 in my book.

16. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I gave it a 2. It was quite dull, and then the stewards intervened, and any excitement that might have happened evaporated.

17. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

A 5 from me. It would have been a 2 but the friendly banter between Magnussen and his pit crew was quite amusing.

"The worst experience I have ever had in a race car"

In precis "It's your fault for hitting the wall yesterday. It resulted in a lot of work for the mechanics so shut up and drive".

There's nothing like a happy team.

18. Jimbob

Jimbob Learner

I gave it a 7 but notice that I'm one of a few to give it such a high rating. I might have to review my excitement levels :D

19. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    A four.

Stewards office aside there wasn't a great deal to shout about. Brundle proudly telling Sky viewers after 20 laps that it was shaping up to be a classic was utterly laughable.

20. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

Maybe classic robbery in daylight...

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice