Grand Prix 2019 Austrian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by BradMan, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Chasz

Chasz Points Scorer

Gasly is ghastly...:embarrassed:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    you wont be surprised to know with my music taste. that i know my lady gaga LOL

its 1 of her recent ones. if you discount shallow probably most recent

4. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    does he lack racecraft because the difference in overtakes between them 2 was scary. 1 like a knife through butter another like knife through lurpak. but getting lapped by your teammate who won is not good. its got to the point where i dont want to talk about gasly because after this period of time. its feel like it goes past critism

5. Johnny Carwash

Johnny Carwash Champion Elect Contributor

P1 for Verstappen
    P45 for Gasly.

Chasz, gethinceri, cousinDave and 5 others like this.
  6. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    That just made me spit my drink out laughing Johnny Carwash

Johnny Carwash likes this.
  7. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

Well I happen to think that they both had control of their cars.

8. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

Oh yea...that too. That would normally be a big story.

9. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

So....what is rule then (unwritten or otherwise)?

More to the point, what should the rule(s) be?

10. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    quote of the weekend

11. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

Subjective judgements of that kind are good for nothing more than to start war of words. Isn't there some better way how to run this series?
    I am blushing admitting, that despite watching F1 for some time, I am totally lost over Masi's explanation (if we can term it that way) when he attempted to explain why Canada and Austria were judged differently. Being of suspicious mind, I stall think that names of drivers involved was the dominant factor in those calls.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  12. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

Recommended reading:
    Italian press questions Ferrari's 'political weight'

13. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Has anyone got a link to data on top speed in Austria? Looking to compare McLaren's straight line speed to Renaults.

14. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

At Canada it was also the judgment of Jarno Trulli and four other stewards who reviewed the tapes. So you may disagree with it, but you cannot offhandedly dismiss it.

15. Brogan

Brogan Leg end Staff Member

Featured Threads:

Attached Files:

Ruslan and RasputinLives like this.
  16. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Cheers Brogan

So the McLaren is getting better straight line speed from the Renault engine than Renault themselves but not by that much.

Being as they were outperformed by Red Bull with the same engine last year and now McLaren this year I really think that questions need to be asked about what is going on at Enstone right now.

17. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    i know he Riccardo said in the pen. he feels like there is something fundamental missing from the car

Ricciardo: Current Renault form 'doesn't add up'

18. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Enstone have produced many quality cars over the years in various different names and are usually the master of getting a car working well with an underpowered engine. It's becoming apparent there is something quite wrong with their process.

Am I right in thinking that this is the longest gap between wins for the Enstone factory since Berger scored their first in the Benneton? What is it 8 years now?

19. Johnny Carwash

Johnny Carwash Champion Elect Contributor

RasputinLives the last time they had a victory was the 2013 Australian GP I think.

RasputinLives likes this.
  20. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Ok 6. I thought it was back in 2011 but you're right as Kimi won for them.

Benneton had reg wins all the way from 88 to 96. I think there was a gap before Trulli won for them as Renault which may have been 6 years. Then reg again until 2008 - gap to 2013. I guess they tend to have half decade gaps then. It's just they are the only team in F1 I can think of who has ever been beaten by one of its engine customer teams. Not good.

21. cousinDave

cousinDave Points Scorer

Were Renault in that race? I don't recall seeing any footage of them. Don't remember seeing Racing Point either.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice