Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by FB, Feb 23, 2019.
Apparently I'm Nico Hulkenberg, I can live with that
Log in or Sign up to remove all adverts.
I think Ferrari are playing silly beggers, there's no way they're that slow after the pace they showed in testing!!
haas arent where I expect them, seemed 4th in testing but now look 6th Renault look 4th but I would say have closed the gap but not enough id still say about 35/45 secs over a race distance. dont be too hard on albon or Norris I just seen that Leclerc was beaten by 9 tenths on Friday, look where them 2 are now & Williams well we cant say that we didnt expect that. I said you might as well stick them on the back row the fact they couldnt even break 1:18 but the gap is pretty bad worse than I thought, it reminded me of the old manors your not wrong about 107% who wouldve ever thought that Williams would be in a position where that is a concern. its a good job that rule applys for Q1 & not Q3 as instead of being 8 tenths in black they would have to find 1 second from somewhere. funny thing is from Q2 today Mercedes have found a second & Williams have lost a 2nd & as ive said for a while this is with the engine that since 2014 has been the class of the field & arguably joint now with Ferrari. if they had renualt or honda I dread to think
1. Hamilton was faster than Bottas in both practices (+0.048 best time)
2. Vettel was faster than Leclerc in both practices.
3. Verstappen was faster than Gasly in both practices (+0.042)
4. Kimi shows some speed. Giovanazzi did not look that good.
5. Hulkenberg was faster than Ricciado in both practices (+0.07)
6. Kvyat looked good. Albon less so.
7. Stroll was faster than Perez in both practices.
8. Sainz ahead of Lando Norris.
1. Who has the 0.5 second advantage again....was it supposed to be Ferrari or Mercedes?
2. Was Mercedes sandbagging in Barcelona or is Ferrari sandbagging now in practice?
I took the test....and I got Robert Kubica....which is good as I am a Robert Kubica fan....and Williams is my favorite team (even though they are going to spend this entire season looking at the back end of the other 9 teams).
Took the quiz a second time, changing two answers....and got Daniel Ricciardo. Another driver I like a lot.
FB. The clue's in your name - Finger Boy!
Apparently I'm Robert Kubica...
did you find a way to watch sky f1 on BT
I got Kubica
One car is now on the track.
Williams are the two fastest cars on the track! It does help that they are the only cars on the track.
Gasly just blew them away by three seconds.
Verstappen just blew Gasly away by a second.
This is sad.
Ricardo ran a really smooth lap. Still slowr than Versrappen, and he had softer tires. Clearly there is going to be a gap from the top three teams to the rest.
Ferrari looks smooth. Vettel on top.
Hamilton looks racey. Bumps Vettel by 0.04.
Hamilton just beat him. 1:22.292
1. Beginning to look like the Mercedes are equal too or faster than the Ferrari's, at least the one driven by Hamilton.
2. The Red Bull does not look competitive with the Mercedes and Ferraris. This may be a two-team season (again)...which is better than the one-team seasons we have had a lot of....but.....
3. The pecking orders of the team appear to be established:
....a. Hamilton over Bottas (and Ocon is beginning to look like he will be employed soon).
....b. Vettel over the well behaved Leclerc.
....c. Verstappen over Gasly (even though Verstappen blew his lap in P3).
....d. Raikonnen over Giovanazzi
....e. Grosjean over Magnussen (nothing new here on the good day)
....f. Perez over Stroll (sorry Daddy Stroll)
....g. Kvyat over Albon
....h. Sainz over Norris
4. Still up in the air:
....a. Ricciardo vs Hulkenberg
....b. Kubica vs Russell
5. Haas looks good. Could they actually take 5th and 6th (like they almost did last year)?
6. The Williams don't suck as bad as they did at Barcelona.
We shall see what qualifying brings, but usually FP 3 is pretty telling.
No - I was looking as we might be moving house and considering cancelling Sky. Have to wait and see how the pennies work out.
Separate names with a comma.