Grand Prix 2019 Australian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by FB, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Yes this whole extra point thing has so many ifs buts and maybes, it's going to be interesting to see what happens with each scenario throughout the season.

Izumi, I am not thrilled with the way Jacques is now. Let's just say I'm not exactly a fan anymore, in fact more often than not I wish he'd stop giving his opinions so freely!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Radical F1

Radical F1 Test Driver

yeah ok guys. We all made our point on this fastest lap thingy.
    Let's all watch and see what really happens and how it will actually affect the outcome of the championship.

BradMan likes this.
  4. He was a backmarker when he was doing F3 in Italy, very often he didn't even make it to the proper race

I think that he improved a lot.

Having said that I respect his views, if he says something he really means it and I personally believe that he is right more often than not. His problem seem to be how he says things. I think that he's a truly nice guy

5. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    How the Australian GP will be run after Whiting's death

220 likes this.
  6. 220

220 Learner

Doing a bit of reading and Masi looks like he may well have already been picked as the replacement when the time came.
    Deputy race director last year, race director for F2 & F3 this year.
    Tim Schenken is race director for the supercars that are running along side F1 this weekeknd. If they were after a temporary fill in he would be more than capable, makes me think Masi might be in the position long term not just this weekend.

7. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Agree. He lately says something controversial, and people can take it any way they want. My peeve goes back about a year before he was hired by Williams. In those days (and I've lived there) there used to be a lot of comparison of NA series vs. F1, and some of the comments were really childish. It did turn me off. JV didn't run bad in Atlantic series. I did actually followed Atlantic series, Champ series and F1, all very religiously. My "hero" later on was Alex Zanardi, not JV. That guy could be in last row, and came ahead after a few laps. Fact is, he was little bit like a small bulldozer, and if you didn't move, he helped you. It was fun.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  8. 220

220 Learner

Less than 2hrs until the start of the first practice session of the year.
    Im getting excited

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  9. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    his replacement has got to be bricking it. because that huge shoes to fill & id bricking it to think he's got fill shoes of guy with over 30yrs experience

10. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    It's not that hard.

Press a button to start.

Look at each incident in the race and take as little action as possible to preserve the championship.

Count the required number of laps off.

Tell someone to wave a flag.

The end.

(ok, it's not quite as simple as that. RIP Charlie.)

BradMan likes this.
  11. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Regarding the topic of conversation I think Villeneuve is ... wait, that’s not it at all, we’re all waiting for the season officially begins! It’s so exciting, even if I’m 2-3 months i will have stopped watching races again ...

cider_and_toast likes this.
  12. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    To all our new members, and as a reminder for those who have been around a while, we have a chat room that usually gathers a good number of us folk over the course of the weekend.

Click on the three lines button next to forums at the top of the page and then select chat from the drop down.

BradMan and 220 like this.
  13. 220

220 Learner

Dont know what we can take from the first practice session other than the Ferrari's a Mercs are quick, the RB not far behind a fair gap back to the mid field and the Williams might be luck to make the 107% cut off.

14. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    P2 times

screenshot.67.jpg

15. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    Sees how slow the Williams are, checks the 107% time. Hmm.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  16. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Well that looks ominous from the Mercs. Should have guessed it when Toto made big noises about not being the quickest car.

rufus_mcdufus and Johnny Carwash like this.
  17. Johnny Carwash

Johnny Carwash Champion Elect Contributor

It looks like it’s going to be a long season for Williams at this rate. To be 4 seconds off the pace is terrible.

18. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Williams are well in 107% by my maths (1.33.3 is 107%) but still sad state of affairs.

19. Radical F1

Radical F1 Test Driver

Kimi stands out in my opinion.
    The rest are what I expected...

BradMan likes this.
  20. BradMan

BradMan Test Driver

Either Ferrari is extremely sandbagging, or they are in genuine trouble

21. BradMan

BradMan Test Driver

Ok, I expected them to be off pace... but 4 seconds!!!

That's a lifetime!, they'll be lapped just after the first round of pitstops

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice