Grand Prix 2018 Singapore Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by FB, Sep 3, 2018.

1. The problem is that they guy got that job only because he was a friend of Bernie

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

There are incidents where no penalty is given: racing incidents, the person who would have been penalised has crashed out and it is felt that that is sufficient.

Charlie Whiting does not give decisions, the most that he can do is pass an incident on to the stewards. One of the stewards is always a former driver, I would hope that they would behave in a fair and even manner having been there themselves.

4. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Bill Boddy I would also hope the former drivers who are stewards would be both fair and consistent, sadly it doesn't always seem to be the case in my experience.

5. that is not what I would define as a racing incident, IMHO a racing incident is when the contact was unintentional and no party could have taken reasonable action to avoid it. What you are describing is a system where the penalties are linked to the outcome of an accident, something that if I remember the sporting regulations correctly is not even considered and I'd say for a very obvious reason: a driver is issued a fine for exceeding the speed limit irrespective of whether he or she caused an accident, but exceeding the speed limit is an aggravating factor if the culprit was exceeding the speed limit, I understand that it can look a matter of semantics but this is a rather fundamental difference because what is punished is the breach not the outcome

6. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Referees, stewards, umpires... there's always gonna be some inconsistency in sporting decisions, and whatever the decisions there will always be fans who disagree with them. That's not to say the Perez incident didn't perhaps deserve a harsher punishment, but maybe there's more to come for Perez. I wouldn't be surprised.

7. Dartman

Dartman Points Scorer

At one point F1 was run by ex Brabham F1 team employees and consultants legal and otherwise, not sure how many are now left.

8. cousinDave

cousinDave Points Scorer

Was the drive-through the only penalty that Perez received for the Sirotkin incident? Did he get any points on his license?

9. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    He got 3 points as well (I think)

10. cousinDave

cousinDave Points Scorer

Thanks. That feels a bit more reasonable (if true)

11. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    I don't seeing mention but Romain Grosjean for his stupidity in ignoring the blue flags which Charlie described it as worst he has seen is actually 3 pts away from a race ban... now what Romain was not clever given he is still fighting for his seat so the last thing is to create an unexpected opportunity for someone to take over and be better

-----------

As for Perez.... he can see a pink livery car with a pink helmut so how does he not know it aint his teammate?

He's just proven why no top team will sign him if he keeps bashing into drivers especially his own teammate

12. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    True referrees get a bad rap some times rightly & sometimes wrongly. But as bad as it was he won't get any more punishment. Thats done & dusted. I wouldve given him a grid penalty as it was pretty bad ive seen canamasas in the old gp2 get sent to the back for similar. But its stewards decision

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  13. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Im glad to see there worried because it was bad. It was return to the bad old days of 2015 us gp where they weren't racing. They were babysitting. Which is opposite of F1. Would it be so bad to indestructible tyres like in 2005.

Pirelli seeks answers to excessive tyre saving

Pirelli says it will look into what can be done to help Formula 1 avoid races being ruined by excessive tyre saving, Mario Isola says his company is aware that such high levels of tyre saving are not good, which is why he wants some talks to take place soon about how the problem can be solved in the future. "We need to analyse carefully the data because the risk is that we go softer and softer, we have tyres with more degradation, and the only result is that we have more management,"

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice