Pre-Season 2018 Season Preview

Rutherford We will find out if Mclaren has got a good chassis or not and whether Alonso can make up the difference like he use to. Instead of 0.6 seconds per lap he's got to make 2 seconds per lap
Alonso never made up 0.6 secs... he may have been 0.6 secs faster than Massa and could get more performance out of the car, but everything else is bollocks concerning him getting 120% out of the car etc.. He didn't fare well last season then, if he's capable of such magical performances, because we didn't see any of that... maybe the magic is gone and then he should go too.

Well Rutherford Nelson Piquet Snr thinks he always leaves teams in a right mess wherever he goes so this may not be a good omen for Mclaren if things goes south rapidly with Alonso

Alonso is mirroring Prost at the moment where things always end badly... the only thing he has not achieved is win a world title in his last season and retire

Mrs Flavio Briatore!

83339887.jpg

I think this is the least enthusiastic I have ever been for an upcoming F1 season. I seriously couldn't give a shit. I'm doing it out of habit. I hope things change for better and fast this year or I might be out.

I think this is the least enthusiastic I have ever been for an upcoming F1 season. I seriously couldn't give a shit. I'm doing it out of habit. I hope things change for better and fast this year or I might be out.

Ditto... the current malaise in F1 has a certain amount of its roots in Bernie’s decision to hold spaces on F1for the manufacturers (Toyota and BMW), and the failure of the budget cap...

That happened to me last year. The season before it was more about the habit, last year, meh, just couldn't be bothered anymore.

The time was when the wife and I would race back from somewhere on a Sunday (or delay going out) to watch the GP. Now, I just look up who won online.

I've cancelled my Autosport subscription and I'm about to cancel my Motorsport subscription. The only finger I have left in the pie is this place. (Awwww bless you all).

F1 doesn't do it for me anymore and I can't see 2018 being any less turgid than the last few years.

I hope I'm wrong because I miss the thrill I used to get as the lights changed and Murray Walker screamed 'go, go, go'

Too many boring races and not enough thrilling ones. To many 'artificial excitement' making rules, tyres, DRS etc. and way too many excitement killing rules, fuel saving, tyre saving, engine change limits, no driving in the rain, prolonged safety car periods etc.

It's not the sport I started watching in the 1980's. It's lost its mojo.

Last edited:
Even though a lot of the Sunday race hours were dull, I was still riveted to the season until Ferrari's implosion at Malaysia. Maybe I'm easily pleased, or don't expect an awful lot between lights out and the chequered flag, but remember that back in the 'good old days' the coverage was minimal, and there were only 12 races a year or something. I'd prefer better racing for sure, but I accept that it's not all gonna be exciting. Given the crap on that's on telly these days, even dull F1 races are a highlight for me.

Call me a hopeless optimist, but Things Will Get Better. It's almost a certainty, but it may take a little while. There are better people at the helm of the sport than there have been for decades. And ss long as there are at least two drivers scrapping it out, ideally from two or more different teams, then we have – IMHO – the pinnacle of motorsports.

I can not begin to describe how little I care if Ferrari quit F1... they've threatened so many times in the past so call their bluff

Trust Jean Todt to open his mouth and say Formula One needs to be control costs when he as Team Principal of Ferrari was very much against capped spending

Back
Top Bottom