Poll 2018 Russian Grand Prix Out Of Ten

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Greenlantern101, Sep 30, 2018.

?
  1. 1

23.5%
  2. 2

11.8%
  3. 3

11.8%
  4. 4

23.5%
  5. 5

11.8%
  6. 6

5.9%
  7. 7

11.8%
  8. 8

0.0%
  9. 9

0.0%
  10. 10

0.0%
  1. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Rather dull race but we did get an overtake from Lewis on Seb which I enjoyed. The real story though was Bottas loosing his win over unjust team orders. I can only hope he gets a swap back later in the season. For some reason I enjoyed it more than maybe I should of. Maybe it was Lewis pulling 10 points over Seb.

A 5 from me..

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    A race that taints the sport IMO. Whatever the justification the team feels it has, it’s a cheat. I would have thought so much more of them all had that win been raced for.

4. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Crap - 1

5. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    3. Boring

6. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Didn't watch it.

7. olegg

olegg Race Winner

There were some beautiful overtaking.
    Was a strong breakthrough from Verstappen.
    But if Hamilton returned the position to Bottas it could be decorated the race.

8. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    The championship is over either way and the difference between celebrating a Hammy win or a Bottas win is irrelevant, at least for me. Team orders is way down in the list of things to fix in F1. The race had a couple of moments in the first half, then nothing happened of note. Not a good F1 weekend. 3 points.

9. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    4 - It was better than my expectations. But they were quite low in 1st place

10. Clay

Clay Test Driver

Team orders can’t be fixed. A driver can always misjudge his braking point or lose time during a pit stop. ;)

11. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

I had hoped that after he changed tyres Mad Max would come out and give an example of high speed driving but even that failed to happen. I don't think that I'll even bother to vote.

12. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

2: Completely predictable. I even guessed the positions of the nine of the top 10 finishers in one of my posts (and only because I forgot about Leclerc).

Irrelevant but nicely done drive up the field by Verstappen (Ricciardo eventually did the same thing with a damaged car...such is the difference in performance between the big three and the rest of the pack). Nice pass by Hamilton. Otherwise.....really nothing to watch.

13. rufus_mcdufus

rufus_mcdufus Champion Elect

Yes, for about the thousandth time this season the softs proved better than the ultrasofts. I was really looking forward to seeing what he could do on the hypersofts.

14. vintly

Featured Threads:
    Too true, we’ve seen how that didn’t work.

15. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Like cider_and_toast I didn't watch it either, I recorded the highlights then deleted them because I already knew what had happened and didn't need the aggro/annoyance of seeing it.

16. vintly

Featured Threads:
    That doesn't sound very 'glass half full' Angel? ;)

gethinceri likes this.
  17. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

True, but honestly today I just feel fed up and grumpy for a lot of reasons I won't bore you with, that's unusual for me.

18. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Oh go on, that's what the Rant thread is for.

Angel likes this.
  19. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Me neither. Saw the result by accident and decided not to waste my time. Made for a surprisingly more fun Sunday evening. Worry times for F1 I think. It was openly being question as to whether it's was a sport on prime time radio this morning.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  20. cousinDave

cousinDave Points Scorer

Got the time wrong and when I tuned in they were on lap 38, so quickly started watching the recording from the beginning. Wish I'd took the golden opportunity to use the fast forward button but didn't.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice