Grand Prix 2018 Monaco Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by RasputinLives, May 14, 2018.

1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    That is monaco should always stay. As that qualifying that i just caught up on because of work, Was spectacular to watch the cars on edge. Riccardio to go under 1:11 was brilliant to watch

Interesting that the "greatest pole lap" at 1988 monaco gp from Senna was technically the only mclaren with a GP2 engine;). As that lap was 1:23.998 & this weekend f2 pole lap was 1:21.727. The rate of progress in motorsport

Fenderman likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    They would be insane to ditch him, completely insane.

Every year we get this speculation about driver changes and hardly anyone moves anywhere. Even the logical moves don't happen (hi Kimi)!

gethinceri likes this.
  4. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I don't think they'll ditch him but he's really helping Danny Ric's contract negotiations right now.

5. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    They aren’t going to ditch Verstappen. When he accepts that he has things to work on, he’ll be brilliant.

6. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    So, should I have a nap now or wait until the race starts? :D

cider_and_toast likes this.
  7. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    David Coulthard really hasn't got over being held up by that Arrows all those years ago has he?

All race long he praised the so called slower cars for letting the so called faster cars through because they were not in the same race.

May I just say "bullshit" David.

Also, Ocon, I'm very, very disappointed. Did they tell you Bottas may not be in a Merc next year? For one thing, it won't be you if he isn't mate. Hamilton is grateful though.

F1Brits_90, teabagyokel and Fenderman like this.
  8. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Been away for the week, just back, was it a good race?

Fenderman likes this.
  9. Fenderman

Fenderman Rooters Reporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Monaco, Monaco. Monaco is what Monaco is, Monaco, Monaco ...

Titch likes this.
  10. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    cider_and_toast - I wonder if Force India’s engine contract just got cheaper.

11. Mezzer

Mezzer A fine chap if ever there was one. Contributor

I stayed up far too late last night and I literally fell asleep during the GP. The good news is that nothing happened in the 30 minutes I napped... :(

12. cousinDave

cousinDave Rookie

... nothing significant happened in the other 60-odd minutes either.

13. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I didnt mind it Austraila & Spain were far worse . Sometimes in sport. Its not what is happening but what could happen & to appriache the skill from Riccardio. To race without mgu-k & 7th/8th gear. Still keep the contrention to keep it out of the barriers & fend of vettel challenge despite being 45 kmh down on the straight was impressive

Although i will say 78 laps is too long. Maybe it could be shorten or as a 1 off maybe 2 shorten races

Fenderman likes this.
  14. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Hamilton said: "We were just cruising around from lap six, literally cruising. So it wasn't really racing.

"If that was exciting for you to watch, no problem."

Alonso, giving his reaction to the race, said: "Extremely boring. This is probably the most boring race ever."

Monaco GP: Lewis Hamilton & Fernando Alonso critical of 'most boring race'

Yeh that sums it up for me too.

Fenderman likes this.
  15. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    Funny how they never said that about races they won?

FB, Johnny Carwash, dinsdale and 2 others like this.
  16. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    If Hamilton was 'literally' cruising then how come later on he said he didn't have the pace to keep up with Ricciardo and Vettel?

17. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I’m glad I missed it then I see nothing positive above. Except of course my man (Dan) won.

LOL

18. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I' probably being harsh, but experience has taught me that you can drop your pace at Monaco massively without being at risk of being overtaken. So with Danny R have g a power issue which cost him 2 seconds a lap I don' see how this can be eulogised in the same way as schumi in Spain or some others. It was Monaco. Let me see him cope as well in Canada. If he did the race on 3 wheels, with no front wing or such then well done otherwise stop trying to tell me this was a miraculous drive.

19. dinsdale

dinsdale Spectator

Watched the whole race and thought it was quite good, despite some of the obvious negatives that could be said on paper.

I enjoyed it all the way through. There was always the suspense of Ricciardo not being able to hold onto the lead; there was Verstappen carving through from the back - would he crash? There was the Leclerc brake failure; the in-car footage was great, and I thought the commentary was very good.

The Ocon wave-through of Hamilton was disgusting, though. The low point of the race.

Galahad likes this.
  20. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives - And how come we had to listen to about half an hour straight of him moaning about the tyres? It’s almost like he’s a hindsight strategist...

21. Fenderman

Fenderman Rooters Reporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    :thinking: Maybe, just maybe, The Ham wanted to race instead of dawdling around trying to preserve a set of dodgy boots? :thinking:

Greenlantern101 likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice